Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dollarl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Being sued by credit card co in Los Angeles
    I received a summons on April 25 saying that I was being sued by Atlantic Credit & Finance, Inc. for $3947 plus interest & attorney fees for a Household Bank debt (which was charged off by HSBC in March of 2006) and that a Case Management Review was scheduled for Aug. 24. This is the first I have heard from Atlantic Credit & Finance. According to the summons, I have to "file a written response at the court" within 30 days, which means within the next week or so. I called the Santa Monica Courthouse, and they told me I needed to file a form CM-110, which I downloaded from the Internet. The form is confusing, and I'm not sure how to complete it or what to file. I don't know if I should send a certified letter for debt validation to Atlantic's attorneys, or attach one to this form CM-110 or what I should do. I can't take a chance on having my wages garnished or bank acct. frozen as I am just barely making it from paycheck to paycheck - should I consider filing for bankruptcy? Or do I need an attorney to complete and file the CM-110? I don't know what to do, and time is running out. I appreciate your guidance.
    5683HUGGS Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 11:21 PM
    I'm being sued by a creditor as well. I live in Los Angeles County. When I called the court, they were no help. They gave no info. I don't know what to file. What has your case been like? What did you file thus far?
    dollarl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 12:04 PM
    I ended up not filing anything, but rather I'll be filing for bankruptcy which will stop the lawsuit as well as any other bill collectors from coming after me.

Jul 17, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Thanks to everyone who helped me. I really, really appreciate it. You guys are the best!:D

Jul 17, 2007, 09:07 PM
    I have been in credit card debt for over 10 years. My father is linked to one of my current cards, so I just keep paying. There were several credit cards that I stopped paying 4 years ago, more or less. I'm doing everything I can not to file bankruptcy. If I file, I want it to go smoothly, I wait. I filed a response today , and really soon have to do a debt validation letter sent out to the Attorney of the creditor. What do I need to file with the court to do this?
    dann2 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 07:19 PM
    My family is being sued by the same company as well as you.

I need help. Please read my post and help if you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Book Clubs in Los Angeles [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how I can find a book club in Los Angeles ? I would just like to get together with a few people and discuss books. Any good suggestions ? Thanks :)

TR in los angeles [ 1 Answers ]

Any one knows where to get TR for retouch in los angels, santa monica area? And if my hair is falling out from the last TR, it was 3 months ago, is the new TR going to be applied only to the new hair or the treated hair as well?

Job hunting in Los Angeles [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a job in Los Angeles. I do have A Lot of experience, have been a producer for advertising agencies and production companies for TV commercials and stills. However.. it seems SO hard to find a job. I have no idea whether this is because I am European or whether the...

View more questions Search