Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mangled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Inclusion
    Is anyone familiar with inclusion? I am a new teacher at our middle school and this is the first year of inclusion. I have a BA in English and a smidgen of special ed training. I am an emergency hire because of the teacher shortage. Therefore, I am a special ed teachr and am an inclusion teacher. The general ed teachers resent us being in their classrooms and do everything they can to undermine us. It is a nightmare. I can't wait for this year to be over. I love my kids, but the teachers are unpleasant at best.
    Please, if anyone has any advice regarding inclusion, please let me know. Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 05:52 PM
    You are not in a nice place. Your adminisatrator has not done a good job of directing and supervising the general ed teachers. Many teachers are not happy when anyone is in their room and this includes administrators, fellow teachers, aides and parents. It is an old mindset but you have breached the walls of their castle, their classroom. It is January and you won't change their minds now but you could try a 1:1 with the teacher. Don't even try to talk about the hostile environment, ask what you can do to help her/him better. Does she/he have some suggestions that will help you meet the needs of the student. Maybe you will be able to start some bridge building with this person.
    pimpete Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 12:51 PM
    If the teachers are meanthen give'm a talste of there own med.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search