Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdoubleu Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Battery for old riding lawnmower
    I recently purchased a very old wizard lawn mower. The battery needed to be replaced, traded it in, got the wrong size. Now I don't know what size to get. It's a 12 hp, 465cc, 38 inch cut riding lawn mower. I can't find any info on the mower. Any general ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 05:37 PM
    The tractor batteries all pretty much put out the same power no matter the HP or size of engine, 12 vdc. The size of the battery varies so you just can pick one the physically fits into your battery holder. Measure the old one or measure the box.
    BriggsAndStratton Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2007, 05:38 PM
    there are usually batterires designed for lawn tractors just ask for them at a small engine shop. Right now mine is runnning on a jet-ski battery and works perfectly=)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 26 HP riding lawnmower [ 5 Answers ]

It turns on and rides fine but once I pull the blade engagement switch nothing happens. I guess what I am asking is why the blades won't engage?:confused:

Lawnmower battery dead [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Murray 12 HP riding lawnmower. I put a new battery on it last summer, but have let it go dead over the winter. Can I jump start it from the car?

Battery will not crank lawnmower [ 14 Answers ]

I have a six year old yard man lawnmower that runs fine when I finally get it to start.the problem is the only way to use my lawnmower is to jump start it or chrge it every time.I thought I needed a bigger cold cranking amps battery but it did not help.I have tried buying a new battery and that did...

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

View more questions Search