Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nexus66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Erection problems at 16
    I'm 16 years old and have problems getting and maintaining an erection. This problem has been about for a fair bit now and is very worrying. I've spoken to my GP he says its probably nerves getting to me but I have my doubts about that as even at home on my own I can't get erections as easy as I did before and have trouble maintaing anything useful. I seriously doubt it's a problem with sexual attraction as I love my girl friend very much and think she's gorgeous. Anyone help me out?
    Boney Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Nexsus66

Often this occurs with performance anxiety. Take some time out by yourself and go slowly. Don't try and rush things. Feel what is good and have no time to reach erection or orgasm. Just play and sense what is good. If you can do this and get an erection by yourself or if you get erections at night / early mornings then you do not have a physiological problem. Then it is about about being worried about your performance. To overcome performance issues just tell your girlfriend that you love her so much you are trying too hard to please her. Get her to help you and do this by enjoying being together. Let it go from there.
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

Apr 29, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Well Boney is right. You are also still young :) Just relax and let it happen naturally. Don't rush into things :) You could see a doctor but I don't think it is anything bad, but you might want to find out just in case :)
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2007, 11:02 PM
    You are worrying about it too much. You are only 16, you will find many changes over the next 5 to 10 years. Don't take things so seriously. The more you worry about it, the worse it will get.

Didi
    nexus66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Thanks for your help. Does anyone have any ideas how I could not focus on this I don't think I am sometimes and apparently am still thinking about it. Is there anything you recommend I do to destract me or is it just something I got to sort out in my own mind.
    Boney Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Hi Nexus66
    If you try and not think of a pink elephant guess what you think about? Rather focus on the moment, your love for your girlfriend, what is happening arpound you, the setting, smells, music etc. - get into the moment. Then focus on pleasing her - see what she enjoys, enjoy her moment with her. When she turns the attention on to you don't think oops now what must I do? Just go with what is happening and stilol keep focusing on what she is enjoying, the feelings she is having, what is working for her. See if you can drive her wild romantically. If you up the romance and intimacy - and by intimacy I mean true intimacy - sharing at a deep level with each other you will find you will no longer have any hassles. Don't take yourself so seriously - she loves you and it is not all just about sex - and hey I am a guy I know how important sex is! But there is far more to intimacy than performance. Enjoy being in love. Hope that helps.
    pickerill Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Try something new with your girlfriend, you will soon rise to the occasion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erection problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 years old and am having erection problems. Me and my girlfriend have just started having sex and its been difficult. We have to use foreplay to get me erected,usually oral pleasure. After I'm erected it usually doesn't last that long after I put the condom on. Its not that hard to get an...

Erection problems ? Unsure! [ 4 Answers ]

Recently when I have been at work I have been experiencing spontaneous errection this perhaps maybe days after having foreplay or that with my girlfriend I am not sure.ie. When I sit down at work I end up with a normal early morning errection later in the morning or day at work During these...

Erection problems [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that milk and coffee can cause erection problems? Also do foods like spinach and bananas really improve the strength of erections and can help overcome erectile dysfunction? At present I am taking a good daily vitamin supplement (including Zinc 10mg and Magnesium (60 mg). Also EPA...

View more questions Search