Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 03:22 PM
    How to increase the capacity of the inbox with Windows 7
    I am using a PC with Windows 7 and quite often get the following message when someone is sending me pictues, etc:

A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced)
    Because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded.

The following is the reason that the message was over quota:

Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox
    Quota Available: 393085
    Total Quota: 102400000

Is there any way to increase the Quota Available? I get this message even when the in box in completely empty.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2014, 05:38 AM
    You haven't mentioned what program you are using for your email, but in general you might try to empty your trash folder.

If you give us more info, we can give you a better answer.
    WallyH
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 05:52 AM
    I'm guessing you you have an exchange mail server configuration... in which case your system administrator sets how much space each person has available to them. In which case... you have no choice but delete some stuff or archive it which gets it off the server.

But any really meaningful answers as was mentioned... is determined by what program you are running and how its configured.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2014, 05:58 AM
    This is not a Windows limitation. I don't think its even a limit of your E-mail client. This looks like a limit on your e-mail account placed by your e-mail service. Without knowing what service or e-mail client you use its impossible to help further. I would contact your ISP or e-mail service.

Aug 4, 2014, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyHelps View Post
    You haven't mentioned what program you are using for your email, but in general you might try to empty your trash folder.

If you give us more info, we can give you a better answer.
    WallyH
    Sorry to have given such a brief question. Anyway, I am using a PC with Windows 7 and am using Windows Live Mail. Quite often my daughter tries to send me several pictures, and usually get the same message. However my wife, who is using Windows XP can get the same amount of pictures on her computer with no problem. Is there some way to get my quoto on Windows Live Mail increased? My trash folder is empty. My ISP is Time Warner.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 10:33 AM
    If you are using the free version you get what you get... you can always buy the paid verion which allows you to have more.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2014, 10:51 AM
    The message is saying that you have a 1 G quota in your mail box. Windows Livemail does not impose such a quota. Can you show us the complete e-mail including the sender? Also what e-mail address is your daughter sending the message to. I suspect it is a Time Warner limitation and you would have to ask them. I would also suspect your wife is doing something differently.

If you have a Windows Live account, then you should have a mailbox like [email protected]. Try having your daughter send to that e-mail instead of your TimeWarner e-mail.

Aug 4, 2014, 02:22 PM
    Thanks for your response, I'll start using hotmail and see what happens. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to increase my C drive Space on Windows 7? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently get a low space problem with my C drive. I have tried to delete some useless files and folders. But, that makes no difference. So, I am wondering to extend my C drive space by adding some free space from E drive. There is about 97GB of free space on my E drive. Is it possible for me? How...

Aproduction capacity of 200000units, normal utilization capacity is reckoned as 90%, [ 0 Answers ]

Manufacturing costs standard variable costs are $11 per unit.The fixed costs are $360000 per annum. selling costs variable selling cost per unit is $3.The fixed selling costs are $270000 per annum.The unit selling price is $20.just as the year ended 30th June 2004,the production was 160000 units...

How to increase pump capacity [ 0 Answers ]

I have a centrifugal pump model ETA 80/26, capacity 495 GPM, head 210 feet, BHP 35.5 attached to a chiller for circulation of chilled water in the pipes coming out of chiller. I want to add 100 more GPM in the same system, is there any method that the same pump capacity increased to 600 GPM?...

Capacity of a kenmore elite heavy duty king size capacity washing machine? [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to determine the capcity size on our washing machine

Which food intake change increase my drinkig capacity [ 2 Answers ]

:DDoes changing food intake increase my drinkig capacity

View more questions Search