Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sima2595 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 09:32 AM
    Rate of an Iodine clock reaction.
    I'm doing my pre lab question and one of them states " When the dark color appears, ��[S2O8 2-] = (1/2) ��[S2O3 2-], where ��[S2O3] equals the initial concentration of Na2S2O3". And it asks, why is that statement true?

The concentration of either of the reactants are not given, so I'm not sure how I will know that it is true.

Reaction with the most iodine will end faster than the reaction with the least of iodine... starch is constant at 1? Is that correct or it's the other way around?
    physic Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2014, 10:20 PM
    Iodine clock reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iodine clock chemical reaction lab [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know how to draw the graph and the answer to these following questions for part 1 by what rate your decrease when you halfed the ? Why this occurred b) what does the slope of the graph gives you For part 2 Graph, and answerto the following for every 10C increase rate of rxn double...

Iodine clock reaction with S2O3 ion [ 3 Answers ]

In the iodine clock reaction with S2O3 ion I have found that one of the exponents in the reaction rate is 1.55. Can I round it to 2? Or shoud I write it as a fruction 3/2? I know that reaction rate can be a fraction. But it is a fraction in this case? Thank you! :)

Iodine clock reaction [ 2 Answers ]

How does the starch work in the clock reaction experiment?

Iodine/hydorgen peroxide Clock reaction [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I have done all the varying concentrations for the experiment and am writing a report at the moment but one thing Im not too sure on is why the reastion has to take place with a dilute acid - Sulphuric Acid - and why does it affect the reaction. Im really not sure, please help? Sian x

Iodine clock chemical reaction [ 4 Answers ]

In our chem lab we're doing an iodine clock experiment. I need help with my equation KIO3 + NaHSO3 + starch --->? I'm pretty sure I2 is produced but I'm not sure of anything else. I need a molecular equation and a net ionic equation. Please help! Thanks

View more questions Search