Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaryDewitt1234 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2014, 02:54 PM
    Im trying to find a hair dye that will make my hair look like Elizabeth from bioshock
    I'm trying to find hair dye that will make my hair color look like Elizabeth's from bioshock infinite... here's some pictures.. http://www.altspiration.com/wp-conte...-cosplayer.jpg http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-cont...-My-Choice.jpg
    And this ones my favorite http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...th_cosplay.jpg
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 03:40 PM
    Dying your hair right now is not a good idea. If you are indeed pregnant, dying your hair can harm the baby.

Put off dying your hair until you find out for sure you're not pregnant.

Jan 16, 2014, 03:46 PM
    I dye my hair red every month and I was just going back brown so I don't look like a complete wreck if I am pregnant and if have to wait 9 months... I was going to do it tomorrow and I wanted it in that color... I was probably going to borrow my dads gas mask and use it to
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jan 16, 2014, 03:48 PM
    She is not pregnant yet. She was sexually active two days ago. It takes a week for the implation to happen. So, dying yout hair should be fine if you do it soon.

What color is your hair right now?
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryDewitt1234 View Post
    I dye my hair red every month and I was just going back brown so I don't look like a complete wreck if I am pregnant and if have to wait 9 months... I was going to do it tomorrow and I wanted it in that color... I was probably going to borrow my dads gas mask and use it to
    Gas mask won't help. It's not only the fumes, but the actual dye, that has to sit on your head while it colors your hair.

It's not safe to dye your hair during pregnancy. That's one of the costs of being pregnant, vanity goes out the window. It's a very small price to pay for a healthy baby.
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 03:51 PM
    Busymomma, I suggest you read the OP's other post. Just to put things into perspective a bit.

The fact that she's even asking if she can dye her hair, after the story she told us on her other thread, is shocking to me.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 03:51 PM
    Mary, breathing in the chemicals is only one way they get into your system. They also enter through pores/hair follicles in the skin and any cuts and scrapes.

Jan 16, 2014, 03:52 PM
    I was going to do it tomorrow so I can get it over and done with and the possible baby won't form intill like 2 weeks... so I've read

Jan 16, 2014, 03:54 PM
    Alty, I am very aware of her other post. However, I find that calling her out is not going to help her any. Some people cope with things differently then others. Maybe she feels like she needs a change because of what happened to her. Maybe she is trying to clear her mind. We do not know... we are only here to give her advice and help her through her tough situation. Not call her out because we wouldn't dye our hair two days after what happened. Just saying.

Jan 16, 2014, 03:59 PM
    Yeah busymomma2013 right... I always attract the wrong type of guys with this hair color and I want to just go back to brown and get it over with... when I dye my hair a new color I feel like I can have a new start

Jan 16, 2014, 04:02 PM
    Dying your hair will only be a start. It is going to be a long healing process, but you have so far, tzken the correct steps. I would suggest seaking counsling after dying your hair. I sure hope everything works out for you.

Jan 16, 2014, 04:04 PM
    I'm trying to find hair dye that looks like elizabths from the game bioshock infinate... if you can help me find it.. you would be a big help :)... not that u already are, I just want that color lol
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 04:06 PM
    Well busymomma, you seem to have all the answers, so I'll leave you to it.

Me, I'm smelling a troll, and I have every right to call her out, because her entire story makes absolutely no sense at all.

If it is all real, if she's telling the truth, she has one messed up family, and I truly hope that both the brother-in-law and the sister spend many years in jail for this.

Dying her hair won't change what happened. If it happened.

But ya, go for it, dye your hair. I'd suggest a hair dresser. Getting that color on your own, is going to be very difficult.

Jan 16, 2014, 04:08 PM
    I'm sorry alty... I just like to listen to everyone's comments... and yes this is real... I made an account just to get advice for this
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryDewitt1234 View Post
    I'm sorry alty... I just like to listen to everyone's comments... and yes this is real... I made an account just to get advice for this
    Making an account doesn't mean you're telling the truth. You'd be shocked how many people come here just to tell a lie and get some attention, or get people upset.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have to say, having been through what you're claiming to have been through, I'm just not buying it. Too many things don't make sense at all. So I'll help, I'll offer advice, but I have to be honest, I don't believe you.

If this is true, your family is one f'd up mess.

But this should be discussed on your other thread. This thread is about you coloring your hair, and my advice is to go to a hairdresser if you want that color. Getting it on your own, do it yourself, isn't likely.

Jan 16, 2014, 04:15 PM
    Try L'Oreal Paris Permanent Hair Color Dark Brown 4 you said that your hair is currently red so I think this will make the color your looking for. And for a decent price. One box is 9 dollars here in WA state.

Jan 16, 2014, 04:19 PM
    Alty... ok well that's your prerogative to not believe me and I know what I'm saying is true... and thank you for trying to help but you shouldn't tell people if there lying or not... just try and help them with there problem to the best of your abbilites and that's it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make hair dye stick on bleached hair [ 0 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair that new ombré look. Dark on the top and fades into blonde. Well it turned out horrible and the bottom was bleached. I tried stripping the top and using a filler on the bottom so the dye would stick but in less than two days the dye is washing out and the blonde is coming...

What is the best hair dye for black hair to make it dark red? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best hair dye for black hair to make it dark red? And what is the best brand to use?

I've just put a light brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair.can I re dye it [ 1 Answers ]

I've just put a brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair. Its not brown enough. Can I put another hair dye on or is it too soon?

Dark home hair dye to Light salon dye. Will my hair fall out? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for about 7 years now. I have used both home hair dye kits as well as visits to salons to have my hair done. After having a few bad experiences with certain salons (eg. Colorists dying my skin as well as my hair, bad and wrong coloring... etc... ). Although it has been...

View more questions Search