Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TsutaShine Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2013, 11:56 AM
    Is this a type of phobia?
    Last time I mentioned about my past experience of seeing a creepy image from a video game when I was 14, the image is a screamer of someone staring at the screen in a dark background and without pupils in her eyes.

The image reappeared in the thumbnails 2 years later which caused me to have nightmares for a few weeks, not to mention, ever since then I was scared of making eye contact with anyone, despite if it's a real person or a fictional character from a book or film.

But when it comes to looking at a person without pupils in their eyes, it scares me the most, making regular eye contact is still difficult for me though, I'm not sure if it's because of the screamer image caused this, or if it's I didn't socialize for 2 years caused this to happen.

Besides having nightmares and scared of making eye contact, sometimes thinking about the images causes me to sweat, most of the time when searching for videos, I always cover the thumbnails and just read the video titles.

I'm not exactly sure if it's serious or not, it happens at certain times, but I need to know if it's a phobia of mine, or is it just my imagination, and need to know what can I do in this situation, thanks.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 02:04 PM
    IS it a phobia? I don't have enough letters after my name to say one way or another. It is something that is affecting your life so I think if you can get into a therapist it would be advantageous for you. They have the coping mechanisms that should be able to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to do against Social Phobia? [ 2 Answers ]

I use Zoloft, but it doesn't really help. So does any one know?

Phobia [ 2 Answers ]

How is possible to erase a phobia? Specially for dogs.

Phobia or Not [ 4 Answers ]

Every since I could remember, I have always been grossed out or freaked out by drains. Drains on a tub, sink, jacuzzi, pool. It does not matter, if I touch it I get chills and well in laymen terms just spaz. I can't even take a bath because I am afraid my feet will touch the drain, so I am...

What's your phobia? [ 93 Answers ]

I thought this would be a fun idea- Supposedly all of these are real but if not its still fun ^.^ The Phobia List ^^were I got the list Here are some of mine Achluophobia- Fear of darkness. Acrophobia- Fear of heights. Agliophobia- Fear of pain. Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

View more questions Search