Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samroche Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Sharing all things
    Do you share everything with your close friend?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 16, 2013, 05:02 AM
    I don't share "everything" with my wife I've been married to for 22 years. You don't want "Friends" to know all your secrets and dirty laundry, because one day them might not be your friend.

May 16, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Smoothy you didn't trust your wife?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 16, 2013, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samroche View Post
    Smoothy you didn't trust your wife?
    Trust has nothing to do with it... unless you are 12 years old there will be things in your past that should not be shared.

Would you tell your girlfriend all about your previous girlfriends and everything you did together (this makes more sense if you are an adult) .

If you are a girl would you tell your new boyfriend everything you did with previous boyfriends?

Do that and I guarantee you... there will be problems with MOST people.

What if you tell things embarrassing nobody else knew about you... to a friend... then something happens next year and you are no longer friends and they tell other people about these things... See my point.

Trust has nothing to do with it... Nothing that 2 or more people know can remain a secret. Someone might talk.

The difference here is the word everything... its way too encompassing.

May 16, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Smoothy I agree with your this point "Do that and I guarantee you.....there will be problems with MOST people."
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2013, 05:57 AM
    I share everything with my partner.

May 16, 2013, 10:08 PM
    Oliver as smoothy said yesterday, so I think we don't want to share everything with our partner.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2013, 05:20 AM
    Oliver as smoothy said yesterday, so I think we don't want to share everything with our partner.
    Um maybe you don't want to, but I do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2013, 08:05 AM
    No, I don't share "everything." I share the present, not the past, unless it has an impact on the present. Then my partner and I talk about it.

If we are talking about "friends" and only "friends," no, I don't care where they've been, and they don't care where I've been. We have better things to talk about.

Does that make sense?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Not unless my partner asks.

May 21, 2013, 10:18 PM
    Oliver I think you trust on your partner too much. ;)

Judy if you share your present with the partner then you have to share past also. I think you got scared to tell the past to your partner.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Not unless my partner asks.
    If she/he will ask then what will you do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2013, 04:20 AM
    Tell it like it is.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2013, 04:45 AM
    Oliver I think you trust on your partner too much. ;)

Judy if you share your present with the partner then you have to share past also. I think you got scared to tell the past to your partner.

If she/he will ask then what will you do?
    Excuse? If you can't trust your partner then who can you trust? Also my thought process when I got involved with my partner wasn't "I better not tell him this because we might break up one day."

Also assuming I've had 18,802,592 things happen to me in my life, I didn't sit him down to discuss every single one. If they come up, they come up. If they don't, they don't.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Oh, Oliver, I love it - like you I feel no need to say, "And then when I was 7 years old ..." and go through the litany.

If asked a direct question, I answer it. There are things in my partner's life which really are none of my business, have nothing to do with our relationship, don't affect our relationship, do not matter to me. This, of course, would not include prison records and addictions!

Likewise, if I have a question, I ask. Otherwise I think there's a difference between boring a person to death and discussing "past lives." I really aren't the same person today that I was when I was 20, so whether I danced in a fountain at 2AM is of little importance in our lives.

And, yes, now that you mention it - or I mention it - I did.
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2013, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Oh, Oliver, I love it - like you I feel no need to say, "And then when I was 7 years old ..." and go through the litany.

If asked a direct question, I answer it. There are things in my partner's life which really are none of my business, have nothing to do with our relationship, don't affect our relationship, do not matter to me. This, of course, would not include prison records and addictions!

Likewise, if I have a question, I ask. Otherwise I think there's a difference between boring a person to death and discussing "past lives." I really aren't the same person today that I was when I was 20, so whether or not I danced in a fountain at 2AM is of little importance in our lives.

And, yes, now that you mention it - or I mention it - I did.
    Thank you for putting it in perspective. I started to think that sharing with Adam was a bad thing. But you are right, I don't bore him with trivial things and he doesn't either. But we have all known people who share every detail to the point where you want to pull your hair out.

May 24, 2013, 03:34 AM
    Oliver I can trust at god & also my parents. :)
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2013, 04:12 AM
    Oliver I can trust at god & also my parents. :)
    Well I wasn't eliminating those two entities. I was speaking about the relationship with your partner. You should be able to trust your partner with everything. That doesn't mean you tell your partner everything.
    Uber Member

May 24, 2013, 07:04 AM
    "Oliver I can trust at god & also my parents. "

You asked about friends - suddenly you've switched the categories of "people" you share with.

My answer stands.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 24, 2013, 07:58 AM
    I trust nobody, except me.

Actually, I don't tell my partner or friends everything and here's why...

One day, there will be time travel. Now, if the future-me comes back to tell the present-time-me something important, I will need to test the future-me to be sure that he is really me from the future. I mean, how will I know if he is really the future-me or just some government agent trying to trick me? Well, I will test the future-me with secret questions that only the real me (present-time-me or future-me) would know the answer to. If I tell someone everything about me, I will have no secret test questions to ask the future-me to prove he is really me.

See? Simple.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Beam me up Scotty.

I am a tell all book because frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing secrets with others [ 1 Answers ]

What does islam says about sharing your feelings and secrets with others? Because I have heard that being open about your feelings your wishs is a sign of weakness and you should share them with no one but Allah?

**Recipe Sharing** [ 139 Answers ]

Ok this is where I want you all to share your recipes here with everyone, What we want is those recipes you know you can't live without those ones that have been with you that you can adapt or just keep as they are. Go on make us drewl and head out to the market to buy the ingredients I know a...

Sharing rooms [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three year old son who visits with his father every other weekend and I recently found out he is sharing a room with his 10 year old sister and 8 year old brother and what age should the sister be out of the room?

Sharing things in a relationship? [ 27 Answers ]

When you are in love with one another and trust each other as well in a relationship, should you feel offended if your significant other says that he doesn't want to give you his information like his online passwords and his online cell statement password? He says that he doesn't want to give it...

View more questions Search