Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krystalricky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Family problems taking over my life
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months now But I am going through a lot and seem to be taking it out on him. He does the same thins once in awhile. Like my mom just died back in December of 2006, and my family got split up. My lilltle brother went with my aunt me and my older brother are both over 18. One lives in New York 2 of us live in PA but a hour awayfrom each other. My question is what do you guys think I should do different when I get madd,and feel like taking it out on other people?
    texxxas Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Mar 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
    you shouldn't take it out on other people, period. I bet it's tough, I couldn't imagine losing my mom and having my family be split up like that, but it really helps to talk things out, tell your boyfriend how your feeling instead of taking it out on him, something to this effect might make him understand you more and make you feel much better, "babe, i'm sorry, since my mom's death, i just feel really depressed and i know i take it out on you alot, thank you for dealing with it, but can i talk about it with you? i just need someone to listen" he would be glad to be there for you, if he's a good guy =) good luck and I'm sorry to hear
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Jan 26, 2010, 01:15 PM

I agree with the above post.

Have you considered talking with a therapist about what your feeling?

Do you try to write down your family problems in a journal of some type?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 02:49 PM

It's an old thread-2007.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

How to tell my family? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm 15 year old goth/emo female.Ok.I think I'm bisexual.I'm pretty sure I am.I think about having sex with them and everything.But I don't know how to tell my family.Because they "make fun of" non straight people.And I fear that they will disown me and mock me. What should I do?:confused:

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Help with MIL that dedicates her life to unrelated family [ 1 Answers ]

I need help figuring out if I am overreacting to what I perceive as my MIL and FIL's continuous lack of dedication and commitment to my 3 children. My MIL lives 1.5 hour away. FIL is retired from a good job with no financial difficulties, MIL raised 5 children and never worked outside of the home,...

Help with family [ 3 Answers ]

Dear, I need help on a situation that, I guess can be described as somewhat abusive. My 20-year-old sister "Kim" has turned into a burden that I don't think I can handle, nor do I want to. I feel like my family is being torn apart an I am being torn up inside. "Kim" is the middle child in...

View more questions Search