Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anahi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 05:59 PM
    What food causes acne?
    Hi I have serious pimples and I need serious soluitons... im trying to do everything I can to get rid of these pimples!! Like drinking anti-oxidents, putting tea, milk and vitamin E on my face, also wahing my face three times a day!! What foods causes acne? I'm trying to eliminate foods that's cause them, not comlptely, but try to not eat so much of it!! Thanks!!
    surfluver1212 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 06:49 PM
    OK I had it 4 5 years... changin your eating won't help it much... use regular bar soap... I no it sounds stupid but it worked for me.. if thst doesn't work then go to dermontoligist... but just be patient and when you try a product use it 4 2 months then that will let you no if it worked or not!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Food or beverages does not cause acne. It's just a myth. The causes of acne are overactive oil glands, blockage of the skin pores, bacteria and inflammation. Acne may also be hereditary, so your family background may have something to do with it.

Try using acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to help treat and control the acne. If you don't see any results after a month, consult a dermatologist for a treatment that's right for you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Use to be said that chocolate and greasy foods caused acne but modern science says no, that is not entirely true. Heredity is a factor, also the diet does play a part - eating healthy just makes sense all the way around.

A couple of resources you might want to check out are:
    Acne.org
    AcneNet
    Questions and Answers About Acne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acne [ 6 Answers ]

Hi pals Can you please tell me what is acne , why and whom does it effect ? And what is the best solution for treating ACNE,and also tell me are pimples caused due to acne?

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne [ 4 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old male and I've had facial acne for about 3-4 years now. I've always used oxy pads twice a day and the deep cleaning face wash every morning, but I'm not getting much better results. What products do you recommend for concealment and/or cure?

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Like to know if anyone can tell me, I get , I think a form of acne along or in my hairline, they are small blood spots they don't go away on there own, what do I do?

View more questions Search