Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Mar 12, 2007, 08:28 AM
    PDA Compaq ipaq H3600
    Hello,

I just bought an IPAQ H3600 from a friend. It was working fine, and I realized he had left phone numbers on there. He came and said he was going to wipe everything out of it, and he stuck a paperclip in the bottom. Now it seems to be stuck on the boot screen. All it says is the version number at the lower right. I can touch the screen and the backlight comes on (don't know if that means anything).

Thanks for any help!

P.S. This is my first Palm, so I don't know anything about them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2007, 08:52 AM
    First an ipaq is not a Palm. Palm OS is an operating system currently only used on Palm, Treo and Sony devices. The iPaqs use Windows Pocket PC version. You can find drivers and other tools for the unit at:

Compaq iPAQ Pocket PC h3600 series -  Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

The little hole in the bottom is a hard reset. It should restore the unit to factory settings so you can start from scratch. But there should be a windows screen that comes up. You can get the manuals for the unit at the link above.

Mar 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Thanks Scott, now I think I made it worse though ;) I downloaded the files, and started going through the instructions to install it. It said I needed to install Active Sync, so I downloaded it, installed it, and it connected to the IPAQ without a problem. Then the instructions said to put make sure there were no extra cards or anything added, so I removed the extra 64mb SD card that was in it. Now that I have done that, it will no longer connect to my computer, and even if I do another "hard reset" it won't let me do anything. The backlight no longer comes on at all, and it still will not re-connect to my computer.

Mar 12, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Try putting the card back in. You can also try e-mailing HP for support. They will charge for phone support, but may do e--mail for free.

Mar 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I got it working! :) I'm not sure what exactly the button did that the guy I bought it from was pushing (other than mess it up) but after reading several websites for several hours, I finally found a diagram, that shows kind of a hidden cover at the bottom. Inside of there was a switch that after turning off and back on, fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help Scott!

Mar 12, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Glad you got it. Hmm my ipaq doesn't have such a switch. But it does have the recessed reset pinhole.
    Franz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenImpact
    Hello,

I just bought an IPAQ H3600 from a friend. It was working fine, and I realized he had left phone numbers on there. He came and said he was going to wipe everything out of it, and he stuck a paperclip in the bottom. Now it seems to be stuck on the boot screen. All it says is the version number at the lower right. I can touch the screen and the backlight comes on (don't know if that means anything).

Thanks for any help!

P.S. This is my first Palm, so I don't know anything about them.
    Hi SuddenImpact,

The best is you make a complete set up. Bush both bottom outside buttons and than the button on the bottom side of the PDA with the stilos for about 5 sec.

Than it should start completely new.

Regards Franz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PDA Ethernet card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a way to connect a PDA to a wired network using an Ethernet cable. I would like to be able to do this without use of any other computer. I do quite a bit of travelling and the hotels I visit don't always have wireless connections but more often have wired networks in the...

Pda for internet and chat [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best (and cheapest) pda if I want to be able to search the internet and instant message people?

Compaq Presario [ 3 Answers ]

Compact Presairo computer does not want to accept NEC Multi Sync LCD1530V flatscreen . Tells me Video Input is Out of Range. H: 53.7 kHz V 95.1 Hz. The unfortunate part is that it runs Windows ME... yes I know sad isn't it... but it was given to me for free, so I can't complain. Any idea's on how...

Compaq n400c need help [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: purchased the compaq N400c laptop a couple of days ago (second hand) and has been working fine until today. I cannot access windows at all. Does anyone out there know about this model. Have checked the guide book for troubleshooting but lists nothing like the problem that I am having....

View more questions Search