Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeanwilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 04:44 AM
    Partner doesn't want sex often
    Ive been with my partner for 13yrs we have 2 children and he often turns me down when I want sex. I used to get really upset but he reassured me that he loves me. He says things like its messy! It's yucky! Which again makes me feel like ! I would love sex at least once a week but it's more like once a month if I'm lucky. He is really aware of my sexual drive, I've been saying things like maybe I should get me a sex partner. He says fine just don't live here! Is this a common thing with men? He tells me some of his married friends feel the same way as him. Sex isn't everyhing, but I find myself pleassuring myself more then he does.
    JessieDreamboat Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
    1 question of my own - Do you love him?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Messy and yucky? How so?
    Jeanwilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieDreamboat View Post
    1 question of my own - Do you love him?
    Yes I do love him. He's my best mate.
    fuego750 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2012, 09:53 AM
    I don't think he's attracted to u anymore.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanwilson View Post
    Ive been with my partner for 13yrs we have 2 children and he often turns me down when I want sex. I used to get really upset but he reassured me that he loves me. He says things like its messy! it's yucky! which again makes me feel like ! I would love sex at least once a week but it's more like once a month if I'm lucky. He is really aware of my sexual drive, I've been saying things like maybe I should get me a sex partner. He says fine just don't live here! Is this a common thing with men? He tells me some of his married friends feel the same way as him. Sex isn't everyhing, but I find myself pleassuring myself more then he does.

You're in a relationship with him - presumably you talk about other issues. Talk to him. Does he find messy and yucky?

Is he under stress at work? Has he had a physical checkup?

Personally I find the "... maybe I should get me a sex partner" to be inappropriate. What response did you expect him to have.

I don't like game playing in a relationship.

Ask him.
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Aug 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
    Yeah instead of passive aggressive "Maybe I should find a sex partner"... it sounds like you two need to have a more healthy dialogue about exactly what's going on in your sex life as well as in other areas of your relationshi. Instead of demanding or sharing your (natural!) resentment and fear... try talking and finding out why his feelings have changed.

"Messy and yucky" is a really strange answer... are you both in good physical condition without infections? Do both of you have good hygiene?

Ask your hubby - if he's your best mate, he should be able to talk to you if you put aside need/judgement and are willing to listen. It sounds like he may have more going on than just the excuses he's making...
    But yes, some men (and women!) do find a change in sexual desire after many years of marriage. If all else fails... see if you can find someone you can both talk to (therapist)

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My partner wants sex. [ 22 Answers ]

Today my boyfriend called me and invited me to his house he said that his parents are out of town and we could have a whole night he said that I will never forget it... I never had sex and I'm afraid too what should I do!?

Why won't my partner have sex with me? [ 3 Answers ]

Well this will be a bit of a story so apologize beforehand. Well I met my partner 4 and half years ago. We were always at it all the time at every opportunity possible and in the strangest places etc. We have 2 kids also but we have also lost 2. we had our daughter and our sex lives didn't...

Partner never wants sex [ 8 Answers ]

My partner and I have been together now for around 5 years and have a wonderful son of 4 years old, thing is she never seems to want sex with me at all. This has not just started this has been going on for around 12 months, I tried everything, I bought her toys to which she enjoys using in...

My partner doesn't want to have sex [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. I work at home, and he is a 100-percent disabled veteran, who needs his knees replaced. So we are always together. Sex has never been the main focus of our relationship, but of late, we NEVER have sex. I have gained 30 pounds in the past few...

My partner doesn't want to have sex very often [ 8 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 8 or so months. We moved in together about 2 months ago and I feel in the last month he has rarely wanted to have sex. We only have sex on the weekends and maybe once during the week but before we would have sex almost every second day and a few times on the...

View more questions Search