Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babiik382 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Mineral Makeup, Good/Bad?
    I have very dry skin and my skin has an uneven tone. I am pale with a few freckles here and there and some redness also (gotta be the Irish). Anyway, I was wondering if I used a good brand of mineral makeup, would this be a better alternative to other foundations? If anyone has used any type of mineral makeup, please let me know your experience and what brand you used! Thank you very much!
    shrewd26f Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Hi! Ive tried using YoungBlood Mineral make-up and unfortunately, it didn't work good on me. They say it's the No-Make Up look, but it's worse than that. I have combination skin with yellow undertone and whenever I wear mineral make-up, my face got more oily and the make up didn't cover the imperfections. Right now, Im still trying to look for one god brand of mineral make up.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Mar 7, 2007, 07:56 PM
    I use a great mineral makeup that really covers up red spots (like pimples, which I'm all too familiar with) it's called waterlilly cosmetics I get it off eBay.
    MadamButterfly Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Mar 7, 2007, 08:38 PM
    I've tried using mineral-based cosmetics like BareEssentials... but, now I'm back to Shiseido and Lancome. In my case, even though it didn't dry out my skin, or cause breakouts, it left a really shiny residue... so my face looked super oily. I would recommend sticking to higher-end brands, especially for foundation and coverup/powder, as they usually have finer grains in their cosmetics, and use high quality ingredients. As they say, you get what you pay for.
    penguinsaver Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 10:32 PM
    I use bare minerals, and I love it :)
    mrsmoz Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Try searchin for 'sheer cover' on the net. It can only be bought on the net. It looks amazing and can cover up birth marks on the face. It is a mineral powder foundation.
    X
    MMRoss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I've tried BareMinerals and it didn't work out for me. My skin felt dry and taught. I think it also depends on the state of your skin (dry, T-zone, etc.) and your climate. Humid, dry, etc.

I like the coverage of MAC, but it tends to dry out my eye lids.
    I like the shades of Shiseido.
    I like the Clinique Gentle Light Powder, it gives your skin a "glow" finish.
    Lancome made little bumps appear on my jaw line.

I've tried it all, but I'm happiest with Shiseido. Good luck on your experiment!
    LamiaZafrani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 07:25 AM
    I have combination skin, and have recently just recovered from a bad about of acne (blame the pcos) and I use Jane iredale mineral makeup. And when I say NOBODY I mean nobody could tell that I had breakouts and spots! Maybe I'm lucky and I found the perfect shade for my skin, but they do a "disappear" concealer which covers and hides all imperfections (even black tatoos!) and its got green tea and other ingredeints such as antiinflammatories in it to help reduce the spots whilst your wearing it. I then use their mineral pressed powder using their handi brush and even though I find sometimes it is shiny, that can be corrected if you use their loose powder version or get either theirs or any other brand matte finish powder and just dab it on the shiny areas. So if you like minerals but find them shiny either look for a matte finshing powder or just apply a bit of your normal matte powder just to those areas (I know that kind of defeats the whole point of using mineral makeups if your just going to use matte powder too but in general you won't need it anywhere more than on your t zone etc

Check out the jane iredale products
    http://www.jiproducts.co.uk/
    LamiaZafrani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 07:25 AM
    I have combination skin, and have recently just recovered from a bad about of acne (blame the pcos) and I use Jane iredale mineral makeup. And when I say NOBODY I mean nobody could tell that I had breakouts and spots! Maybe I'm lucky and I found the perfect shade for my skin, but they do a "disappear" concealer which covers and hides all imperfections (even black tatoos!) and its got green tea and other ingredeints such as antiinflammatories in it to help reduce the spots whilst your wearing it. I then use their mineral pressed powder using their handi brush and even though I find sometimes it is shiny, that can be corrected if you use their loose powder version or get either theirs or any other brand matte finish powder and just dab it on the shiny areas. So if you like minerals but find them shiny either look for a matte finshing powder or just apply a bit of your normal matte powder just to those areas (I know that kind of defeats the whole point of using mineral makeups if your just going to use matte powder too but in general you won't need it anywhere more than on your t zone etc

Check out the jane iredale products
    http://www.jiproducts.co.uk/
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 28, 2010, 02:37 PM

Mineral Makeup is Great!! Just make sure you extra blend it into your skin. :)
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Jun 28, 2010, 08:43 PM

I would recommend trying mineral makeup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good or bad [ 1 Answers ]

Stock price maximization good or bad for sociaty

Where to buy mineral makeup? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I really want to try mineral makeup as I have acne scars on my cheeks that I want to hide and no liquid foundation seems to do the trick. The only place I've seen them advertised though are on infomercials and online though... is there department stores that sell them, or anywhere...

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Good or bad? [ 19 Answers ]

So there is this guy at work who I get on with really well. We are always telling each other jokes and having a laugh. However, he has recently startd being overly nice. Everyday I come into work, he will shout hello and then follow with "you look very nice today" - it's really nice and made...

Mineral Makeup? [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently heard about this. What do you know about it and what brands are best? Thanks

View more questions Search