Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Memaaaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 02:02 PM
    What should I do? Help please
    Alsalam alekom,

I am 21 years old female, I live in canada, I'm originally from middle east. I'm having severe depression since I was 17. I tried to suicide but I'm scared from hell. I pray 5 times. I always have upset stomach that going to develp to an ulcer because I'm always stress. I am so unhappy to live in my parents house. I am forced to do many stuff, like picking the career, the job, the friends, not going out,. etc. whatever I do and I talk is not working. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, my older sister I have bad relationship with her cause she's so selfish and mean to me. My other sister I'm good with, my brother is spolied and he do whatever he want.

Recently I talk to my parents that one guy want to prupose to me, he is canadian and I did convert him to islam, they got so angry and reject the whole thing, my dad threat me if I'm going to talk to any guy outside the family. All my friends are shocked to see me so tired and so pale. I'm having mental illness because of the stress that I'm going to take medication on. Till now I'm doing all the stuff that my parents want me to do.

What I'm thinking is God want me to be happy, and I can't continue living like this. I'm having a plan that I will leave the house when my sisters get married so that I won't affect on their marriage. And if they didn't get married I will leave the house on 2015, when I'm 24!

What do you think? Is it haram?

Please do not tell me to try talking to them cause I did so many times

Thanks.
    itsimplytruth Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Jun 8, 2012, 03:34 PM
    This is a very difficult question to answer. I am sorry I am not that familiar with the islamic customs. I do recommend that you talk with your parents. Especially your mother. Suicide is not the answer. If something is making you that unhappy you must find a way to get assistance. If you can not talk with your parents locate a family member who can help you but the key here is that you need some help. Talk to someone anyone who is close who can assist you with your dilemma. Perhaps you should talk to someone within your masque.

Don't stop talking to people until someone is able to help you. You are worth it and you are right God does want you to be happy!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Assalamu Alaikum.

As an adult, there is nothing to stop you from leaving your parents home and marrying this boy.
    I do not believe Allah would be angry with you about this.

I did find this site, that has members MUCH more knowledgeable in this situation, and the person who asked, is similar in general.

My parents wont agree to my marriage!!! | IslamicAnswers.com: Islamic Advice
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2012, 04:43 PM
    And I absolutely agree with itsimplytruth. Speak to your Imam, for guidance in this, and perhaps he can help your parents see how they are hurting you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help please [ 0 Answers ]

I remember a girls goes to a voodoo to poison her boyfriend and on her way back a car hits her... the singer is a jamaican if I'm not mistaken... after it is hit by car near her boyfriend and when cadravru... a laugh is bring people around them

Please help.. labour or not.. [ 2 Answers ]

This is my third pregnancy. It has been so different and very much harder as I have had a lot of problem. I've had BH since 32 weeks but they are very painful! So yesterday I started with period like cramps that turned into very sharp pains.. The more I moved the worse they got. They were 3-4...

View more questions Search