Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeankelly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Song Artist
    Anyone know who sings the love song called At Last? I believe Celine Dion did a version of it but I'm trying to find the original singer.

Thanks
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Hi Jean! Oh boy have you asked a loaded question! :) This is really more about personal preference.

That is a very old song, recorded by many different artists over the years. I am unable to find out when exactly it was copyrighted. Personally, I think Etta James version is the most haunting and possibly the one you are looking for. Although, Ella Fitzgerald did a wonderful version too.

I am attaching two links. One is with the info on the Etta James recording, along with other tunes she did on her first album. The other is a link that gives you all the recording artists. I hope this helps.

Amazon.com: At Last!: Music: Etta James

AT LAST - Song Text Search
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Jeankelly, I found more info. Yes, I think it is Etta James's version you are looking for. Evidently, it became her signature song.

Please see this link:

At Last - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Etta James is considered the Queen of "At Last". Others have sang it but they cannot hold a candle to Etta James.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Hi Shy, have to spread the love! But, I definitely agree with that statement.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Aaarrggghhhhh. I am trying to give you a "greenie" Ruby, but the program will not allow me to. Will this do?
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Yup. That's fine. I think we both need to spread some rep to others. ;)

By the way, I too have a problem with that at times. Something in that program seems to hold me up if the traffic is too heavy. I have attributed it to heavy traffic on dial-up yet I don't have a problem with the posts.:confused:
    Jeankelly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Thanks so much, and yes you are correct it's Etta James version I am looking for.

Again thanks so much for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PLEASE HELP!. Name and artist to this song [ 3 Answers ]

I can not for the life of me figure out this COUNTRY song. The artist is not as popular as Tim McGraw but he's not a new artist either. The only line I have is "those kiss me blue eyes"... gosh I know its not much, but I hope someone can help me! Could even be green eyes. Lol :rolleyes: ...

Need name of song or artist [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a song that has an island beat with flute. It is sung by a woman with a kind of throaty voice. The chorus of the song goes, "Too much thinking, too much worrying, rest your head beside me...." It was given to me on a burned disc by a friend, and he doesn't remember who the...

Looking For The Name/Artist Of A Song [ 4 Answers ]

Simply put, I'm going out of my head trying to find the name of a song, where the only words I know are "Say, say hey, baby I want your number... say, I say hey, baby I want your number, want your number..." Thanks for tuning in! If anyone could help, I'd be much obliged... Mat!

Looking for a name of a song or the artist name [ 1 Answers ]

OK the guy in the song said he is kicking back listening to nwa then start singing the nwa song by eazy e and that was all I heard The song was like a rock alt. Can anyone tell me the name please thanks :cool:

View more questions Search