Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Nov 20, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Laptop screen bad connection
    Okay I know what my problem is I have a laptop I bought used and my screen would get verticle lines across when I move it. Well it is a loose connection I have opened it up and pushed the connections down with a pencil eraser and it works, but this problem is ongoing is there anything I can do to get that thing to stay, like shove a piece of tape or something in there? Please Help OMG it would be greatly appriciated!:(
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Hey man, just had the same problem with my laptop like 2weeks Ago! it works fine when I hold the left side of the screen. Anyway I got it fixed as I still had a couple of months left on the warranty.
    It's a common problem among laptops and I suggest you take it to a laptop repair place and ask how much it would cost to fix it

I think they put in some cable or something but not sure. Anyway check how much it would cost.

-cheers:)

Nov 21, 2008, 10:08 AM

Well the guy I bought it from that's what he does is fix computers, I asked him yesterday night if there was anything that could be done to stop it, he says there's like a sponge like thin material, kind of like the weather stiping in your doorway, he says it has to be the thin stuff. But you put it on and it'll give a tight fit so no more loose connection, hopefully it will work, were supposed to try it today, I'll write back and let you know if it worked, and what the stuff is called. Yeah I've noticed the problem is mainly on the left side and only happens when it wants to, today its fine. Thanks of the help!
    thomacy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 07:03 PM
    If this continues to be a problem, have it checked out by a factory tech. It sounds like the fix provided will only be a short term solution.

Dec 4, 2008, 12:10 PM

Will do and tonight wre supposed to try that sponge stuff so I'll be back to let you all know what happens I got to give it some time though.

Jan 3, 2009, 03:52 PM

Well we did it and it has worked for almost a month if you want to keep fixing it from just time to time this is great but I got tired of it and I'm starting school beginning in January so I gave him back the computer paid him some more for another and way better computer, I'm so happy with it and very lucky he helped me out, If I would have bought it from any other individual I'd be screwed right now. Heads up you!
    nick99139 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Hay all. I had the line problem on my laptop, apparently the guy who had it first dropped it. The best answer of how to fix it. Use those black binder clips that are really strong. They won't get in the way since the levers detach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop screen. [ 9 Answers ]

Can I use my laptop screen as a second monitor for my desktop?

Laptop screen on my TV screen? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there I have a laptop that has an HDMI connection, my LCD TV also has an HDMI connection. If I connect the 2 together can I use my TV as my screen?

Replacing a laptop screen - size and connection etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an Advent 7082 laptop which I got last Christmas; recently I’ve had a screen problem with, however it has run out of guarantee! Typical! Basically the screen has picture has gone, however is you bend the top in a certain position it works perfectly as if there were nothing wrong...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search