Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5683HUGGS Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Drivers license schedule for suspension due to paid camera ticket at another state?
    I got a Camera light ticket when I let someone else drive the rent a car. I paid the ticket. I had a hearing at Oregon which I didn't go to, I live in California. I have a fine and assessment for the courts of $251. My license is schedule to be revolked within 30 days of February 22, 2012 as a result of payment of fine not received. I don't want to lose my license over a paid ticket. What can I do?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 12:08 PM
    You paid the ticket but the court is saying you haven't paid it? Do you have proof of payment - such as a receipt or cancelled check?

Mar 5, 2012, 12:14 PM
    Thank you for your response. I have check with American Express and it does show payment.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 12:35 PM
    You're going to have to contact the traffic court in the city in OR where the ticket came from and provide them proof that the ticket has been paid.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Did you pay the entire amount or just the original fine (fees are often added)?

Mar 5, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Thank you for your response. I paid the original ticket before any additional fines.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2012, 02:31 PM
    That's the problem - you need to pay (and prove that you paid) the total amount or you will be suspended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out of state long dui license suspension anyway to appeal? [ 17 Answers ]

Living in Florida since 2004 but can't get a license in this state cause NJ has me suspended for like fifteen more years for multiple DUI arrests have tried to appeal them but not much luck with that. Have no intention of ever going back there but have gone to rehab been clean for years now in...

Acquiring a drivers license with a out of state warrant [ 2 Answers ]

I was on probation in TN for dui 2nd and my drivers license was suspended for two years. I moved back to FL without consent. I know I will have a warrant in TN, my question is: after those two years are up will I be able to get a FL license?

Liens, seizure of property, and license suspension [ 2 Answers ]

My son's BF stopped paying child support quite a few months back. I have been having issues with this man for the past 8 years regarding child support. He has gone through so many jobs and never reports if he's been fired or hired from a job. I eventually have to make a call into our child support...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search