Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonia072 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 06:03 PM
    I need help of what to do with my 16 yr old son how put his hands on me?
    I was a single parent of 3 until recently I was remarried 3 yrs ago. My 16yr old son does not respest me. He laughs at me when I give twll him what to do. When I ask him to do chores and somehting he say s yes, but them will not do it. His fahter and I recnently gave him a truck. His father lives out of state, does not call or make an effort to be a part of his life. It was a struggle to raise 3 kids by myself.
    My son started to drive alone Friday. I asked him to text me when he made it to his destination, he simply did not do that for the past 3 trips. Next he came in 15 minutes late Friday night. Saturday he came in 10 minutes late. When I ask hime about it, he laughs in my face with a smurck. He cuts me off when I talk. I lost it last night, I got up and was about to grab his chin but he suddenly grabbed my hans and threw me on the bed. My brother in-law had to break us up. Then I ask him to sit down and he refused. I am lost. What should I do with a 16yrs old how does not respect me?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Take his keys. You're still his parent and you can do that. I wouldn't put them in a place that he can take them back either. If he wants to be able to use his truck again he needs to learn to respect you. It doesn't matter if his dad got it for him or not, he's not involved and he doesn't make the rules. Don't give him his truck back until he can treat you with respect.
    tonia072 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
    I took the keys and told him to stay in his bedroom (no Tv in the room.)until I decide what to do. I am thingking about 30 days restrciton to stay in his bedroom after school. I am considering calling the military school here in town and contacting his doctor for counseling. He does not hear my voice right.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
    I'm glad you did that! I know of a lot of parents that would just make excuses as to why they can't discipline their child. Even though I have no child of my own (I'm 21) I helped my mother raise my brother, who was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome (High-functioning Autism) he's done similar things as your son. And I remember that when my mom disciplined me that way, I learned my lesson. Boys can be different, but you're on the right track. Just be consistent. Make sure that his punishments stick and he knows that there are ALWAYS concequences to his disrespect. Keep it up. Part of it is his age.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
    I always recommend taking away everything, make him earn any and everything back,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Just like jail, you give him 3 hots and a cot. Nothing more, nothing less. You take the truck keys, the cell phone, any video games etc. The only thing in his room is his bed... period. If you have to take him to school and pick him up, this is what you do. He gets nothing back until he EARNS it back.
    emofreak2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 03:25 AM
    Okay I will break the teen code to tell you guys this even if u tell one of us what to do we do the opposite we grow to hate the parents I'm not saying its not needed I want to be a phchologist and want to help.lol.stern.but understanding.we... well teens think we in general... I guess not exactly me feel like we are all adults.
    gothgirl Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 08:36 PM
    emofreak2, I love your name... my mom got mad at me a year ago. She took everything from me- radio, all music, t.v, my EMAIL, heck all just because I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend and I cut myself. It has been a little more than a yea and I have no music at all, no email, at all, Nothing. I still have a boyfriend I'm not supposed to have because she cusses me out. She doesn't want me to be me, and that is why I do what I want to- I want ot be me, not her cute little princess I never was. Ty to understand him, tyr and figure out why he acts how he does. He may change... also do NOT cuss your kid out or choke them. It only makes it worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can boys put henna on their hands in islam ? [ 0 Answers ]

Can boys put mahendi/ henna on their hands in islam ?

How to get my boyfriend to put his hands around my waist and tocuh my butt. [ 4 Answers ]

We've benn going out for 8 minths and were 15. How do I get him to put his hands around my waist and tocuh my butt without asking him? He's kind of shy but not too much and he really respects girls.

Owner of business put his hands on me [ 6 Answers ]

If I had an argument with the owner of a business and you put his hands on me while asking me leave can I sue?

How do I put my 18 yr son out [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old son who is disrespectful. Only thinks of himself, believes what I have or do he should always come first. Doesn't want to work or finish school. I need legal help in putting my son out of my house today. Anyone providing help, insight, legal council, law inforcement, to...

View more questions Search