Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bear16 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 11:00 PM
    Sharp pain below right knee
    Hey, I'm a 16 year old female. For the past few weeks I've had a sharp pain below my right knee cap when I jump, bend over, climb stairs or move quickly. I can often hear a grinding sort of noise when I bend my knee quickly. It is not extremely painful however I'm scared I may do some serious damage if I am not careful and I would be devastated if I did as I am very sporty. Do you know what this may be?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 11:16 PM
    Yes, I know several things it could be, without a physcial exam and perhaps a x-ray, that is no way to know. This is something that should be told to your parents who should have you seen by your doctor.

If one of your "sports' has a licensed fitness trainer, they may have some idea but even they most likely would refer you to your doctor
    Bear16 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 11:59 PM
    Thank you, My parents do know :) We went to the doctors but he said to just rest it. We considered going to another one, but we thaught we may just ask first. Just curious though, what are the most common knee injuries or problems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lateral knee pain; stiffness behind knee [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an active 51 year old tennis player and golfer. I tore my medial meniscus in January and elected to rehab vs surgery. Now 3 months later pain has moved laterally and I'm getting stiffness behind my knee. MRI showed meniscus tear in posterior horn inferior and a small Baker's cyst. Treatment...

Sharp stabbing pain from lower back towards my knee! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stabbing pain down the right hand side of my lower back around the crest of my hip. Becomes more painfull as I breath in. no sickness, no loss of appetite, eating and drinking well. It is a sharp pain through the front of my right leg towards my knee. I have been taking dicloflex tablets...

Knee Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 10 weeks post op from ACL Revision, and my knee still swells a lot doing minor activities and the pain can get pretty bad! I Had microfracture in Feb this year also and previous 2 surgeries dating back to 1990 what's going on. I can't bend my knee past 90 degress still and the strength is not...

View more questions Search