Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easton.emma.123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Does it hurt to get your cartilage done. Should I get it done with a needle or gun?
    The top of your ear
    amyannr Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2011, 03:44 PM
    I don't have mine done but I heard it doesn't hurt as much with a needle and plus people who have had it done with the gun have had more of an reaction to it. But don't take my word for it, this is just what I've heard
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Dec 24, 2011, 04:18 PM
    MAKE SURE YOUR PIERCING IS DONE WITH A NEEDLE AT A REPUTABLE PIERCING ESTABLISHMENT.
    The pain is short and sharp. Afterwards, your ear will feel like its really hot and throbbing a bit and for the following days/weeks it'll be tender but not unbearable. Depending on how well you look after it, it won't last long so make sure you clean it well and with instructions from the piercer. It's advised not to use rubbing alcohol or anything too strong on it as it can dry the piercing out.

Guns can not be sterilized, they just wipe an alcohol wipe over it which by the way doesn't kill blood born pathogens such as HIV (aids) and hepatitis. Also, when using a gun, the cartilage is put under immense pressure with a blunt object being fired through it which tears the cartilage, whereas a needle is hollow and pushes the cartilage out of the way without damage.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing, gun or needle [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get my cartilage pierced, how much will the pain differ if I get it done with a needle rather than a gun? Or vise versa?

Want to get cartilage piercing but I have really low pain tolerance, needle or gun? [ 1 Answers ]

i have a really low pain tolerance, the sights of pain scares me, but i really really wanna get a cartilage piercing. I've pierced 2 more with a gun on my ear lobes but ive never tried it on the cartilage and i want it with a needle because people says its better, but im scared it'll hurt a lot....

Which one is better for cartilage piercing,gun or needle? [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Cartilage piercing gun or needle? [ 1 Answers ]

K I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm not sure gun or needle my friend got it with a gun and its totally fine but my aunt got it with a gun and her ear is totally messed up. HELP! Alexa

Cartilage piercing with a gun or needle? [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting my cartilage pierced (the top of my ear) and I really dunt want to get it done with a gun (could shatter cartilage) I'm getting it done perfesionaly and I'm going to ask them to use a needle What hurts more getting it done with a needle or a gun?? And about how bad is the pain??

View more questions Search