Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Need to set up a home wifi for Kindle
    Hi, I am not too computer savy, but would like to get some instructions on how to set up wifi in my home so I can use my Kindle Fire reader. My internet access is with Time Warner cable using a Motorola SBG 940 wireless router-modem. My computer is connected with it via cable, not wireless. I do have a wireless mouse, though. Somebody told me that I could just purchase a device to plug into my Mororola SBG 940 to obtain wifi for Kindle use. I would greatly appreciate any info or instructions on how to get this setup.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Yes, you merely buy a wireless router that plugs into your router. In most cases it will plug in where your computer now plugs. Your computer will plug into the back of the wireless router.

They sell them everywhere, really Walmart, Target, Best Buy, many discount stores and of course computer stores.
    May find some cheaper but I have seen them at 39 dollars and up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2011, 11:41 AM
    Your SBG 940 is a WiFi router. So your Kindle should recognize it. When you fire up the Kindle there should be a process for detecting wireless networks. Yours should be listed. Just select it.

For more on configuring the SBG 940 see this site:

How to Configure a Motorola SBG 940 to function with the Grandstream - PhonePower Knowledge Base

For specifics on connecting the Kindle to a WiFi hotspot (such as your router) see this:
    Amazon.com Help: Wireless on Your Kindle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ipod Touch Cannot link to Home Wifi [ 3 Answers ]

My iPod Touch will connect to some wifi but not to my home Wifi. I have a locked router and added my WEP key but can not connect. How can I correct this? Thank you

Home Wireless Network, WiFi? [ 4 Answers ]

A) Home network is wireless. (Not worried about security on it... not an issue.) B) iPod Touch C) WiFi If WiFi is a wireless network, then why can I not get my iPod to see my wireless? I have 2 wireless units, one used as bridge. Are there any settings which I will need to be sure to...

Wifi vs Wireless and AT&T's Free Wifi Service [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I'm computer illiterate, and have a few questions. Please feel free to explain the most basic details. :) One, is wifi the same as a home wireless internet connection? If I disable Wireless Zero Configuration, could someone still utilize my free public wifi service at hotspots? ...

Trying to share a printer over home wifi [ 16 Answers ]

Hi Guys and gals, I have a new work laptop that I bring home. I can access my home wireless network to use the internet but I can't see the printer on the base station (home desktop that is always on). - the printer on the desktop is indeed shared - the computers are in different workgroups...

View more questions Search