Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Could I have IBS?
    I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. For the past 2 weeks I've had diarrhea. I am waiting for the results of the culture, but they gave me antibiotics in the meantime. It's been 3 days and I'm not seeing any improvement. Shouldn't the drugs have kicked in by now? I'm wondering if maybe I have IBS. Can anyone with ibs tell me if it is normal to have diarrhea for 2 weeks with no return to being normal? I mean, does it last that long? I'm freaking out. I'm worried that it might be something more serious.

Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 07:44 PM
    There are dozens of medical reasons to have it for two weeks, all of them mean some problem or issue. Often the doctors have to try to treat them in general and test to try and find out what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ibs [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I recently haven't ate for about five days now and I noticed that my lower abdominal area is smaller than when I was eating. Does this make it a possibility that I could have IBS? I don't want to hear things about eating, I just want to know what the possibility of having IBS is.

IBS and bulimia [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a relationship between bulimia and IBS (sever bloating from constipation)

IBS flaring [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I was diagnosed with IBS a few months ago. Right now it is flared up. I took my dicyclomine and imodium for the diarrhea. It is not subsiding like it usually does. I know I'm ovulating which for some reason makes it flare. Since my diagnoses I have been taking extra fiber regularly...

Ibs and birth control [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I had a doctor recently diagnose me with IBS and I have noticed during my cycle it usually flares? I was wondering if anyone else with this condition has tried birth control as a means to control the symptoms. I really don't want to go on birth control but having PMS symptoms and IBS...

View more questions Search