Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Sep 6, 2011, 12:41 PM
    Weird feeling when laying on stomach.
    Whenever I lay on my stomach it feels like there are small gas bubbles popping, I can feel the pulse in my stomach and my ribs stick out a bit more than my stomach. The bubbles feel like they're well.. In most places, from my lower abdomen, to upper abdomen to above each of my hip bones and right down near my pubis and over my uterus and then I end up passing gas. I also find it more difficult to breathe when laying on my stomach but that's how I sleep. What's happening?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 12:57 PM
    Does this happen anytime you lie on your stomach or maybe after eating/drinking something?

Sep 6, 2011, 01:12 PM
    Yeah, and I get really bloated even if I eat something like a packet of crisps or something.. Maybe my diet isn't good enough. Is it worth a visit to the doctor?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Are papaya tablets available there, say, at a health food store? They are small and pink and taste good. Nibble on two or three of those after you eat something. They will help with digestion. That's what it sounds like is going on. I'll alert J_9, our medical expert, to look at this thread.

Of course, if you have pain or diarrhea, for instance, a doctor visit would be needed.

Sep 6, 2011, 01:28 PM
    It's not painful and I have the opposite of diarrhea! I think I might not be getting enough fiber in my diet. I'm a student and all so I've basically being living off quick food for the last few months. Yeah, we have places that sell that kind of stuff in the UK. Is it expensive?

Thank you
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Then add more fiber -- raw fruits and veggies? Oatmeal? Cereal? Granola bars and cookies that are advertised as having lots of fiber (in this country, Fiber One)?

Sep 6, 2011, 01:42 PM
    I'll try, how long do you think it will take to get my insides working as they should?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Maybe a week or two, if you are diligent? There are fiber drinks and pills too, but I've never used them, so have no first-hand knowledge.

Sep 6, 2011, 01:59 PM
    You've been a great help
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Please stay in touch, and report back how it's going (literally as well as figuratively).
    Lexiss101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I'm feeling the same thing and I don't think it have anything to do with my diet.
    Lexiss101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
    I'm feeling the same thing and I don't think it have anything to do with my diet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach Making Weird Noises [ 0 Answers ]

So about a 3 weeks ago I started noticing that after I would eat my lower abdomen would make weird noises. Some sound like popping and others like they are squeezing tightly through something. I heard that it could be your bowel or something. It feels like a lot of air is constantly running and...

I feel like I am laying on something when I am on my stomach [ 8 Answers ]

Every time I lay on my stomach I feel like I am laying on something and the there is pressure underneath me. What's going on?

Iwanna know my stomach been feeling weird [ 1 Answers ]

Ifelt mouring sickness on a Monday and a Tuesday on that Tuesday I caught my period but it wasn't red it was dark brown what dose that mean and I've been feeling cramps and back pain and I've been peeing more often and constipated I took 2 pregnacie test and it came out negative can you give me and...

Dog's weird laying position. [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 mo. Dog is always laying in the "frog" position, with his legs out so he literally looks like a frog. I have heard that this means he has healthy hips, and have also heard it is a sign of hip dysplasia-although he has no other symptoms of it. So what does it mean? Is he okay or should I take...

View more questions Search