Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brookiee.1883 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Is this a Keloid? And if so, How do I get rid of it?
    It came up around 2 weeks ago. I got it caught on something and it just poped up the next day or two. I has gotten bigger over time.
    Attached Images

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2011, 07:30 AM
    The pic is too blurry and dark to tell, and it might take a dermatologist in person. You say 'it' got caught, so was there a mole or wart under it first? It is most likely harmless but you might as well have it clipped. Ask for the tiny syringe with a small amount of cortisone in it. A doctor clued me in to that years ago. I have tons of moles, tend to keloid scarring, and they itch like crazy without the cortisone in the anesthetic.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 7, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Have you tried using sea-salt soaks or tea-tree oil? They seem to do the trick on most unwanted lumps and bumps on piercings..
    gurlyknockout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
    This is a keliod, mine looks exactly the same. I had to take me piercing out because I started to hurt and it grew on the inside also. People told me to use teatree oil so I did and doesn't help at all, I also tried the asprin and water to make a paste but that also failed to help me. Ur best guess would be to take out the piercing and wait it out until it goes away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of a keloid? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lip piercing and I just took it now it just feel like the ring is still in it doesn't hurt or nothing just a big lump is this a keloid and can I get rid of it without going to the doctor...

How to get rid of a keloid [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced in December and now sinc elike 2 weeks ago I have a bump right next to the top hole it feels kind of tender but it also feels like there liquid inside it, it hurts if I press down on it, but other then that it doesn't hurt so much. What is it and how do I get rid of...

How do I get rid of a keloid? [ 4 Answers ]

How Do I get rid of a keloid?

How to get rid of a keloid on your nose [ 0 Answers ]

I have a nose piercing and I wash it with Epsomsalts everyday 2-3 times. This is the 3rd time I've had it pierced (but on the other side now) and it happened before which is why I kept taking them out! How do I get rid of this?

How do you get rid of a keloid on tongue [ 0 Answers ]

i got my tongue pierced about mid december. and recently ive noticed a keloid growing on bottom and when it stopped one grew in on top. what can i do to make them go away. i rinse just about 2 times a day, when i forst got it it was just about every hr or so id actually rinse it. i followed all the...

View more questions Search