Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura10109 Posts: 61, Reputation: -3

May 28, 2011, 12:45 PM
    Is the house next door to mine haunted?
    I live in my house forr 2 years I'm 10 now and me and my friend tried to go inside the house but it was so scary and I found both of my balls in there! Maybe once or twice a month a man comes but we tried threw the letter box what a mess cause the next door have this scray face thing on the wall the next day me and my friend looked there was a very old key and we put it outside and e tried to work out we knew it was old we tried the internet and books it helped but is it true that their house is haunted I'm scared I always fear someone is watching me help!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 28, 2011, 12:49 PM
    I'm confused why you need help. It sounds to me that you could be trespassing on someone else's property. Just because a house is old does not mean it is haunted. Are haunted houses real? Yes, they are... but just because the neighbors house is spooky does not give you reason to snoop or enter. If you are scared of this house, I strongly suggest you DON'T GO THERE.

May 29, 2011, 03:33 AM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    No I say its haunted because I found my both balls in their front garden and also I normaly hear strange things like the stairs like someone walking up and down my mum doesn't believe in ghosts but she said the next door woke her up and she went outside and said she a found a torch on!

May 29, 2011, 04:31 PM
    I'm confused, as your question was very poorly written. Is this house abandoned? There are many many reasons your balls may end up in someone's yard. I would not suggest this is paranormal. Maybe "torch" is a word for something else where you live? I'm assuming it wasn't a lit torch at the house. A light perhaps? Either way, nothing you have posted above gives good reason for a haunting.. and again I say, it's not your house, just leave it alone.

Laura, there are haunted houses out there, but until it is one you are living in, it doesn't need to be your concern. I'm assuming this house is abandoned. Someone could get injured snooping around there. Just leave it alone.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

May 30, 2011, 12:25 AM

Haunting, I don't know where the OP is from, but in England what we call a torch is what you call a flashlight in America.

Laura, if the house is generally empty, my guess would be that if you sometimes hear footsteps and see torchlight, then either the owner sometimes comes back to check on the property, or maybe older kids find the empty house interesting and mess around there.

As haunting says it is best you don't mess around somewhere that is not your property, it could be unsafe if the house is in poor condition, and you wouldn't like someone to mess around with something you owned would you?

As for balls, they get blown around by the wind, kicked around by other people that see them, confiscated by neighbours who get grumpty, not really anything to worry about I'm sure.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 30, 2011, 12:41 AM

We need an English to American dictionary.
    We are the adults so we'll translate , right QLP... help

May 30, 2011, 05:05 AM
    Comment on QLP's post
    I figured a torch was a porch light or something. I was close!

May 30, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Comment on QLP's post
    We have stairs and there are 6 houses near the big tesco

May 30, 2011, 06:47 AM

Are you trying to tell us that you were scared by noises in your own house Laura? Or that the house next door has noisey stairs and your stairs aren't noisey?

Houses can make all sorts of noises for lots of reasons. When things are heating up or cooling down it will make the wood expand or contract (get bigger and smaller if you haven't learned about that yet). There will be gaps we don't see where the wind gets in. Lots and lots of reasons.

I have just taken out a fireplace in my house and am waiting to get a new one. You should hear the noises it makes right now! Even though I am a grown up and know what causes it, it still makes me jump if I hear it in the middle of the night sometimes.

Is it important for us to know about the big tesco? Do they get lots of lorries coming and going? That can shake the ground a bit and cause noises in the houses. They built a tesco near my house, not a very big one, a couple of years ago, and it has made things noisier here.

May 30, 2011, 08:34 AM
    Comment on QLP's post
    U go up the stairs and then there are 6 houses

May 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
    What's a tesco?

May 30, 2011, 09:24 AM
    A super market why are you asking that? Listen you know the big TESCO and on there is a church then look at the other side there are small shops look up that's where I live

May 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
    I've just never heard of one. I am in the US.

May 30, 2011, 10:07 AM

We don't actually know where you live Laura.

Please don't try and tell us though, you remember when your mum told you not to say your surname on the internet, well I'm sure she meant not to tell people your address either.

We don't need to know where you live to understand, just what it is that is scaring you so much.

May 30, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Comment on QLP's post
    I didn't tell my Address

May 30, 2011, 10:15 AM

You were very sensible not to. I just meant to remind you in case you put it when I said we don't know where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 12 and I think my house is haunted but I'm not sure! [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm Aimee and I'm 12 years old, I live in South Australia. Of course my parents don't believe me but I think my house is haunted. Once I was laying on my bed trying to sleep (I always keep 2 torches next to my pillow) I had my door closed and it was pitch black I was laying there with my eyes...

Were you ever able to solve your freezer door leaking - mine is doing the me thing... [ 0 Answers ]

Were you ever able to solve your freezer door leaking - mine is doing the same thing...

Is my house haunted? [ 2 Answers ]

The TV in the backroom keeps shutting itself off then turning back on by itself with nobody around it. Then today, my brother tried to shut it off and it wouldn't turn off, no matter how hard he pressed the off button

Is my house haunted? [ 1 Answers ]

The bathroom faucet turned on while I was in the shower, our dining room chairs were moved away from the table one morning, we heard it during the night, our dogs get very nervous and will run around, my boyfriend was in bed one night and it was like someone crawled over him on the bed, the covers...

Is my house haunted [ 5 Answers ]

I've been living in my new house for 2 months. I have started to notice unusual things happen. Sounds of doors slamming, computer chair spinning, dog barking at nothing, one door that has to be propped open to stay open. My house is only 40 yrs old. I would like a physic to tell me if it is...

View more questions Search