Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Oct 1, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Front bottom teeth wearing down
    Hi, I've noticed lately that my 2 front bottom teeth are sensitive and wearing down. My teeth have been damaged from grinding however I have a splint that seems to help but I am concerned about these teeth wearing down and sore. What can be done to stop them deteriorating?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2010, 04:27 AM
    Are they sore on the biting edge or at the gumline? The splint is the best thing to use to prevent further wear. Be sure you don't have any habits like chewing on pencils, fingernails, holding pins in your teeth as these habits can contribute to the problem.
    Use an ultra soft toothbrush when brushing and don't be overly aggressive in this area.

If you don't have any of the contributing habits you could have the teeth built up with composite fillings.
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Oct 3, 2010, 04:38 PM

They are mainly sore on the biting edge but have started to ache all over from time to time. I have stopped any habits that contribute to grinding and yes I was wondering if they could be built up with a filling. Thanks for your reply flossie, I will go to my dentist to find out about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bottom teeth ache while running [ 11 Answers ]

Whenever I go running I’ve noticed that my bottom teeth have a terrible aching sensation. I’ve always had the problem, since I was about 4 years old anyway. I live in the desert so it’s hardly EVER cold where I live and I see a dentist regularly. I’ve noticed that it’s not only my teeth, my chest,...

Severe pain in all of my front and bottom teeth [ 7 Answers ]

Hiii, Lately I have been experiencing severe pain in all of my front and bottom teeth. The pain is unbearable and no pain killers work. I am only 20 years of age but when I got my first set of teeth they were quite brittle and porous. My parents had taken me to a dental clinic but they never...

Mazda Truck wearing inside of front tires [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me the most foolproof way to check ball joint on a mazda pickup

Missing my two front teeth [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 21 years old, in December of 2005 I had surgery on my mouth, I had six teeth removed, I was told I had to wait until it healed to get partials, well while waiting for it to heal they cancelled my insurance(medicaid) so I went 10 months without my two front teeth. I finally got my...

View more questions Search