Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rehan_Chaudhary Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 03:01 PM
    if i have acquire machine today of 10 years kife, how could i calculate its future va
    I have bought an asset of 1 million today at 10% depreciation per yeaar... now I have to pass double entry in which I would forecast the future value of an asset after 10 years... what is that entry
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 09:20 PM

I don't understand the question. Entries don't "forecast future values." Entries take care of the here and now. And entries don't cover 10 years.

But a depreciation entry is to debit depreciation expense and credit accumulated depreciation.

Aug 29, 2010, 12:49 PM
    I know entries don't forecast future... but I am doing SAP and my instructor asked me this question, I have given this ans but he gave me one week time to get ans...
    What would be the first voucher entry at the time of purchase ?
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 09:02 PM

You're the one who said something about the entry to forecast the future. And you are not quoting the question - you are asking - "now I have to pass double entry." It really helps a lot if you can quote the problem verbatim, so we can distinguish between what the problem says and what you are saying.

The purchase of any asset is a debit to the asset, and a credit either to cash if any cash was paid, and/or some type of payable if part was financed. There are theoretically other entries that could be made, but not likely.

An entry has to consist of at least two things. "Asset" is only one thing and the question states nothing about the circumstances of its purchase.

Aug 30, 2010, 03:27 AM
    Question which my instructor has asked me is
    "the question is:
    ABC industry has purchased and asset of value 18 milloin @ useful life of 10 years.
    now you have to pass the double entry in purchase voucher.
    one entry is ASSET to CASH and what would be the second entry?
    and what is the future value of this asset after 5 Years?"
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 02:32 AM

I can only assume the second entry being referred to is the depreciation that would have to be done later that year, which I already told you.

"Future value" is not really a good term. I have to assume she means its book value. If it's 10% a year, then how is that? And if you do that for 5 years, how much have you depreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Americans With Disabilities Act - 20 years old today. [ 24 Answers ]

Hello: Twenty years ago today, George H. Bush signed the legislation into law. It cost BILLIONS of dollars, and I mean BILLIONS. Every city had to re-build every singe curb to be wheel chair friendly. Every retail agency in this country had to make their buildings handicapped accessible, and...

Girlfriend of 3 years drops horrible bomb today - how do I handle it [ 8 Answers ]

We have been together for 3 years and have had a GREAT relationship. Both divorced with 2 boys and her ex lives about 6 hours away, but they always seem to work put making sure he gets his time even though he left her for another woman when her youngest was ONE month old and moved away. Needless...

My best friend Died 2 years ago today my girlfriend don't understan [ 7 Answers ]

My best friend Died 2 years ago today and my GF just don’t understand. She was my best this is really confusing and I hope you can understand this all my best friend died two years ago in trouble car accident and well the thing is I never met her. I know that sounds messed up but it’s the truth....

View more questions Search