Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 26, 2010, 03:54 AM
    I need insurance to pay for dentures but...
    Story is I have pretty bad teeth. Neglectful me, I know. Problem is they are so bad they are beyond repair (I've checked.) My dental insurance will not pay for dentures for another 9 months and I fear that I may have health isues related to my bad teeth before that time. I need to know if there is a claim I can use to get around the waiting period of my insurance plan. I have atena dental insurance.

I guess what I am asking is if I can get a professional to say that I need my teeth out right now to avoid serious health issues, do you think that the insurance will accept that claim? Or are there any other ways around this annoying waiting period. FYI I am getting married this summer and I would like to be able to smile for my wedding pictures without people seeing huge gapes and blackened teeth.

I feel so stupid for letting my teeth go like this, and the pop I used to drink was killing these poor not so pearly whites too... I made a mistake, I know, but there has to be a way to rectify my mistake right? I have suffered through plenty of tooth aches, sore gums, and chipped teeth. I need them all pulled and I need dentures. They want to do partial lowers but I say screw that it costs a lot more to do partials. I don't need the six bottom teeth they want to keep there. They may not take them out just because I request it though...

Anyone that can make even the wildest suggestion, please do. I'm lost on this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 04:06 AM

In the US dental insurance first is fairly limited, most only pay an amount from 750 to 1500 a year total. Next most require a period of 1 to 3 years of coverage before they will pay for denturs, braces and other similar work.

Coverage would pay for teeth to be pulled, or fillings and the such if dental health is a issue.

Also if there is no reason to pull some teeth normally insurance will not pay for that anyway, so pulling the good teeth will normally far to you. Once the dental company reviews the dentist records and see good teeth, normall n oayment for anything to those teeth will be made.

Mar 26, 2010, 04:23 AM

That isn't very uplifting fr_chuck lol. You're just a ball of good news. So what you're saying is if I want to get dentures before the wedding I will have to pay for them myself huh? Which is A LOT OF MONEY
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
    Insurance companies do not change their policies for ANY reason. Insurance is a BENEFIT is not meant to cover all expenses all the time. It sounds like they will cover the removal of whatever teeth need to be removed (if they are that bad). You could have the teeth removed by the dentist and have a denture made by a denturist whose fees are generally lower than a dentist but you will have to be prepared to pay out of pocket for what he does. He may be able to make something less expensive as a temporary measure until your benefits cover a new denture.

If you have a denture that can have the teeth that need to be removed added to it, insurance benefits may cover that. It would be a completely different procedure code than a new denture.
    jonbolarchi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 05:16 PM
    I am a dental student and am looking for a patient for the summer that is interested in dentures. The cost is just the lab fee, very cheap. Please email me EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY thanks

Apr 8, 2010, 11:18 PM

Jon, message me your email address. I may be able to help you out. Don't screw up my mouth though OK lol

Apr 8, 2010, 11:19 PM

Oh wait you can't... shoot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance won't pay for medical [ 5 Answers ]

I live in WA state. I was not at fault rear-ended and hit the car in front of me. My car insurance has been paying the medical bills for related problems. I began seeing a doctor for arm pain after the accident and have been getting treatment for car-accident and not-car accident related problems....

My insurance will not pay out [ 1 Answers ]

My insurance will not pay for my roof it is leaking but I have applied to a council for a grant for a new roof through a charity but the damage to the inside walls is my insurance covered for this as the walls are damp and the wallpaper hanging off thanks

Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report...

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

My Insurance will Not pay carrepairs [ 1 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident. Unfortunately I was at fault, so I paid my deductable and expected my car to be fixed. My insurance company told me to take my vehicle to an auto body shop of my choice. After I picked up the vehicle from the body shop I started having problems with the vehicle...

View more questions Search