Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Apr 7, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Pearl necklace from my mother's wedding...
    My Godmother gave me a pearl necklace that was worn by the bridesmaids at my mom's wedding 20 years ago. She said they are real but I am not so sure, they are really tiny and have a rainbow shine to them I have a picture of them what do you think? Also they are on a regular old string not on a chain.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 7, 2010, 08:24 AM
    They look like "wild" freshwater pearls, due to the irregular shapes and the colour you described.
    The more easily recognise sphere pearls are cultivated and rigorously quality control for standards of size and shape.

Personally I prefer the freshwater variety as they are formed naturally rather than forced.
    Pearls benefit from handling as the natural oils in your hands, etc give them their lustre.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 08:24 AM

I have a necklace that looks almost exactly the same.
    Mine are natural pearls, they aren't worth a lot but are very pretty. Mine are also on what appears to be just a cotton string.

You could always just pop into a jewellery store and ask their opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

My fiancŽ called off the wedding just the day before the Wedding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I dated my Ex-( not used to say that yet) Fiancé for about 3 years. He always had issue with making decisions( any) and commitment( something in his childhood) but he knew clearly that I wanted marriage. When I brought up the topic, he freaked out and we had a lot of arguments over it as I...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Bi-cultural wedding/wedding tips in general [ 2 Answers ]

The couple: taiwanese, vietnamese, born and raised in America (both still very cultured, first generation) Or any other type of bi-cultural wedding. Family that can't fly here? Friends? Alcohol? Bride's family pays? Groom's family attending? Hotel?

Appropriate necklace? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a good friend who passed away recently who lived through the Holocaust and I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to wear a Star of David necklace to remember her? She was very dear to me and has gotten me very interested in converting to Judaism though I think by most standards...

View more questions Search