Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 12:13 PM
    Where to get Olevia firmware
    I have an Olevia 232T LCD TV which is about 3 years old. Lately it is developing white broken lines at the top of the picture on some channels. I was wondering if maybe a firmware update might fix the problem. But I don't know where to get a firmware update, though, since Olevia is out of business now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rr man View Post
    I have an Olevia 232T LCD TV which is about 3 years old. Lately it is developing white broken lines at the top of the picture on some channels. I was wondering if maybe a firmware update might fix the problem. But I don't know where to get a firmware update, tho, since Olevia is out of business now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Change the aspect ratio to 16:9 and see if that helps. Some channels, mainly local broadcasts, actually broadcast a little bit extra around the edges, and when a display is set to something like just scan, the TV scales the full broadcast to fit the TV. Whereas 16:9 just crops any extra information out so that it usually looks cleaner.

For Blu-ray movies and such, you can actually be missing some stuff unless the TV is set to just scan. Try that first before looking around for possibly broken firmware updates.
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 02:20 PM

Thanks for your response. My son said he adjusted the vertical setting and now the lines have disappeared and now we're getting a good picture on all channels. If it happens again I'll take your advice about the aspect. Thanks again, I appreciate your input.
    leighannduran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Where can I get firmware update for my olevia TV?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leighannduran View Post
    Where can I get firmware update for my olevia tv?
    OLEVIA

Always check the manufacturer's website first.
    taximom510 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2012, 11:29 PM
    I have a Olevia 266-T11. Does anyone know how to down load the newest firmware? Help!!

Dec 19, 2012, 11:32 PM
    I own a Olevia 226-T11. Does anyone know how to down load the newest firmware?Help!!

Dec 19, 2012, 11:34 PM
    No help! Customer service in other state...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Olevia 226v [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone help fix-it is stuck in showroom mode? Tv won't let me select Home Mode. No signals.

No picture but sound on 42 inch olevia lcd [ 5 Answers ]

No Picture but sound on 42 inch olevia TV. Sound comes with DVD \TV but no picture. The volume control and menu options can be seen on screen. Please help.

Time-Warner remote won't work with Olevia TV [ 8 Answers ]

I recently bought an Olevia 232T HD LCD TV and have Time-Warner cable. They furnished me with a remote control, Universal URSU-8700L. However, I can't it programmed to turn the TV on and off. I have tried all the codes listed in the manual for Olevia TV's, but none of them work and I have...

Firmware for OS 8.6 [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to upgrade system OS8.6 to OS9.2. When I click the install icon the computer tells me my firmware needs to be updated & I can find this in the CD Extras folder. When I look for it it isn't there. I have tried to find the firmware update in the internet but aren't having any luck. Help...

View more questions Search