Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mzz_Debbie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 03:07 PM
    Why doesn't he text more often?
    I have been seeing this one guy for about 6 monthes and we don't talk on the phone very often because he's not that type, but we do text. There are days where we will have a full day of texting back and forth, and then he won't text me, so then I text him because I see no problem with the women texting the guy. But then he won't text me for like a couple days. What's up with that? Does he want me to be less available or what?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 06:04 PM

Why don't you ask him instead of us? Obviously multiple things could factor into this, is he in school? Is he working? Is he just not interested? Is he not into texting? Sit down and talk with him. If in doubt, COMMUNICATE- not only is it the only fool-proof way to get an answer, it's also one of the most important ingriedients in a healthy relationship.
    Mzz_Debbie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    Why don't you ask him instead of us? Obviously multiple things could factor into this, is he in school? Is he working? Is he just not interested? Is he not into texting? Sit down and talk with him. If in doubt, COMMUNICATE- not only is it the only fool-proof way to get an answer, it's also one of the most important ingriedients in a healthy relationship.
    Your veryyy rightt! thankss... iguess imjust shy about hing like that.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 11:44 PM
    Yep, he's got the answer not us.

You said that he's not that much into talking by phone, he may feel like like about texting as well. Best to back off a little I reckon - no need to play games, but perhaps wait until you've got something to say. Girls tend to text about any old thing, but guys are different.

Remember he's a BF, not a GF. Let him do the chasing, let him initiate the contact.

We may be in the 21st century of so called 'equality of the sexes', but some rules still apply!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 09:32 AM

Why don't you just see each other in person more often?
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 07:55 PM

Gemini: About the text taking over.. ;) I think its all about how easy it is LOL I know I have a tendency to text people more than calling them... hehe mostly cause the phone is with me everywhere and yeah... it really is a shame though. Because so many things get lost in the text... tone, face-to-face, voices. Hehe... anyway

Over to the question of the thread. Asking him is a very good idea! Also trying to meet more face to face!

But like Gemini said above, guys are different than gals when it comes to texting. I've noticed that the guys I know they never text unless they feel there is a question that needs anwering, or a comment that needs to be made. Same with the guy I've been seeing.

Whilst.. I and the girls I know we can basically answer texts that don't really needs answering... hehe this is just an example...

The real answer as to his ways lies with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

My girlfriend expects me to text her, but she doesn't text me! [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfrend expects me to text her throughout the day to let her know what I'm I'm doing, but she doesn't tell me what she is doing and sometimes still doesn't. She has really changed. She doesn't want to spend time with me anymore, she only suggest that I come over after I tell her I have...

Scanner that converts text image to real text [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Helpdesk advisors, I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly...

Convert image (pdf, typewriter text) to text file [ 21 Answers ]

I've played with 3 different OCR apps (including one that seems to be tops (Abbyy Fine Reader Pro) and find it too much. Easy to use but far too time consuming for my skills with it. See the attached pdf (38 pages of typed text). I have it and 5 others that need converted but am finding it too...

View more questions Search