Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 10:17 AM
    Picture to the left
    I bought a HDMI cable today to use with my Xbox 360 but when I switch to the HDMI channel the picture has shifted to the left, and there seem to be no settings to move the picture back over manually.
    Buy Bush 22in Full HD Digital LED-LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Any suggestions?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 02:42 PM

I would guess that the likely suspect is the TV. Either it can't handle the resolution you are trying to send to it, or there is a flaw in it's receipt of HDMI signals.

Try changing the output resolutions on the XBox 360 and see where that gets you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 02:54 PM

So it could be the cable transferring at 60hz when the TV is 50?
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 03:09 PM

I've just been fiddling with the settings on my 360 and the screen is normal when at 1080i 60hz
    But when I change it back to 1080p it goes back to the left again
    (also when it asks if its working at 50hz at 1080p its fine, I can't find a way to keep it at 50hz though?)
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 04:50 PM

It could very well be because of the mis-match in frequency. If it works at 1080i instead of 1080p, then I guess that's what you'll have to settle with and just hope that the de-interlacer in the TV is good enough.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 05:01 PM

Hmmm il phone the TV company up tomorrow and ask if there's a way I can shift the picture, or go back to the game store see if they can think of anything to try.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

Rihanna is officially lighter then ever Great Picture New Picture [ 16 Answers ]

It does look like the same picture with the same clothes, but somehow, it looks like different lightening. Ironically, She's darker on the picture where she's outside. And the one when she's inside clearly shows a significant bleaching. ...

Television featuring Picture in Picture [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, Is there anybody here know about the Television w/ Picture in picture function? If there somebody, may I asked if I can watch two channel at the same time on the Television? Thanks..

Connecting RCA Tv picture in picture with components [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up a RCA TV (with picture in a picture feature active) Direct Tv satelitte receiver, vcr, colby dvd player? We have had the RCA Tv for some time but never used the picture in a picture feature cause we did not know how to do this. I know you have to have a vcr in order to do it....

View more questions Search