Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eric lewis Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 04:28 PM
    Trucking school that will train me with a felony
    Can anyone tell me about school training to become a trucker my felony was in 1995.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 04:51 PM

Any trucking school will train you regardless if you have a felony or not. It's the trucking companies that will hire you that care about the felony. You should call around to different trucking schools in your area and see if their student recruiter can answer this question for you - Does your school have trucking company recruiters frequent their school looking for recent graduates of that school? Most GOOD trucking schools have big OTR companies come to their schools on regular schedules looking for new graduates to hire as "rookies or trainees" with their company. Expect to pay anywhere from $5,000 up for this school course. You can get a PELL grant but that takes time and hoop jumping at your county level, but it is available as a last resort. Also, if they are a good trucking school the student recruiter should be able to advise you what particular trucking companies do hire felons. They should know this.

Some of the bigger OTR companies actually have paid training at their facilities. You only need to get there and pay for your food. I know CR England has such facilities. So does some other bigger OTR companies.

You need to be upfront about your felony with any trucking company recruiter when applying for a job. You can even have a criminal background done on yourself to show that you haven't gotten in any trouble since the conviction.

Your driving record plays a huge part in if you will ever get hired as a professional driver. If you have a clean DMV record, this will take you very far in getting a trucking job.

Nov 6, 2009, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the info I will check into this,I fill an application out with c r england and didn't get no respond thanks again
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 06:37 PM

You can call up their recruiter and speak to him. Take the initiative! The more enthusiastic you sound, the better your chances are with any trucking company. They always like upbeat people working for them. I worked in the office for 2 different trucking companies in Ohio so I know how they "tick". I sat in the same office as the Safety Director/Recruiter and he was always upbeat and happy.

Nov 6, 2009, 06:57 PM
    I hope you understand I truly appreciate all you doing,given thanks to God for you ,I truly want to be a truck driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking companies hiring student drivers with a felony [ 12 Answers ]

I just passed a 10 week truck driving school, and I need to know what companies hiring felons? I would like to have a list of the trucking companies that do hire student drivers with a felony?

Looking for trucking companies hiring someone with felony [ 4 Answers ]

Unfortunately I have several felonies and I am trying to find a job in the trucking industry! Will anybody's website direct me straight to a list of trucking companies that will hire me, instead of directing me to a bunch of their sponser's advertisements?

Where to find a trucking job with a felony [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know where the best place to look for a job that will hire a convicted felon.

Otr trucking with 15 year old felony [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a job in the trucking industry. Any suggestions on companies that hire with felonies this old?

Over the road trucking with a felony [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is going to school for truck driving and I am despratly looking for a company that will hire him over the road, he does have felonys and I saw a few people say they knew companys that hired felons, he wants to go over the road and I think he will love it. We have 3 kids to support,

View more questions Search