Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 05:03 PM
    How would parahumans and hybrids be created?
    How would human animal hybrids, (parahumans I think they are calleld) be created?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 06:02 PM

A hybrid is a cross between two species. For example, you can cross two kinds of plants, or a coyote and a wolf could interbreed to create a hybrid.

The term "parahuman" to mean a 'Human-animal" hybrid is a bit odd and doesn't really make sense, since humans ARE animals. Specifically, we are mammals--that is animals with fur and mammary glands.

In general, hybrids can occur naturally between closely related species, but not between species that are only distantly related. Our closest relatives are the other great apes--the chimpanzees, bonobos, orangutans, and gorillas. To my knowledge there are no documented cases of a human hybridizing with another ape.

I don't know if it's physically possible or if anyone has secretly tried it. I have often wondered about this. People involved in fertility research might have some insights into this.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 07:24 PM

That's what I'm thinking, I hope that there are more answers because it's interesting to me. Could fusing DNA have anything to do with creating a hybrid? And cloning?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 08:27 PM

It's possible to remove the nucleus an egg from another mammal such as a cow and put a human nucleus in it. (The cell nucleus contains most of our DNA). The DNA in the mitochondria would be cow DNA, but all the other DNA would be human. HOWEVER, the ribosomes and other organelles in the egg cell would all be of cow origin. I don't think there's any way for these to develop into real embryos with organs and so on.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 08:55 PM

Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy

Interesting read.

EDT:::
    Reminds me of Domain & other Rat novels by James Herbert.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about Wolf Hybrids. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just bought a Wolf Hybrid puppy. I've heard that normal dog food isn't good enough for them. Will raw meat make this breed aggressive like it does with normal dogs. Or is this just apart of it's everyday normal diet that it needs, and won't effect it's behavior. And another...

Not Able to created a CD or DVD [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer Now I Try to write a...

How was coal created? [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious about how coal was created far below the surface of the earth. I have always thought that somehow it was compressed vegetable matter and if that is correct, how did it get covered so deeply?

Why Desktop.ini created every tme [ 2 Answers ]

Did any body know why desktop.ini created any time in every folder... and it is hidden... if u want to see that... just search "Desktop.ini" and u get the whole list... can any body tell... why that's happen... and way to remove that... Wating for reply... Regards, Jack

What Is Created When [ 2 Answers ]

Benzene, TNT, Picric acid, Nitrocellulose + thermal engergy are combined. C6H6 + C6H2CH3(NO2)3 +(NO2)3C6H2OH + C12H16(NO3)4O6 + thermal energy --->?? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search