Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Preganancy test malfunction or what.
    Hello! So I have been trying to conceive this month, and my cycle has been odd this month. So I thought I ovulated around the middle of the cycle, but later found out I ovulated a week before my expected period. I know thi means my period will be late. Which is true it is late, and I'm suppose to start tomorrow or Monday. I decided to take a pregnancy test this morning. The test I bought was from family dollar. So imedietly after I took the test out of its package I noticed that where the - or + would show up I could REALLy see where the - line, not like it was used, but a whole bunch of little specs showing where the - would be. VERY noticeable. So I took the test and it came out -. So of course I'm bummed, since we are trying to conceive. After the 3 min wait, I picked the test up to throw it away, but noticed I heard something moving around in the actual test stick... not like a insect... lol. But like something was broken in there and when I'm oved the stick back and forth you could hear it hit the walls of the test. So I guess my question is... IS this TEST normal? Or could it be broken... when I remember back at when I bought the test... a lot of the boxes looked damaged, and mine was a little bit.?
    urbanmate94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 02:30 PM

It most likely is broken. If you still have the receipt take the test back to the store and get a new one. Make sure the box, is not damaged in any way.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 02:52 PM

Sounds damaged to me.

There are differences with pregnancy tests, sometimes it pays to pay a bit more, get a higher quality test.
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmate94 View Post
    It most likely is broken. If you still have the receipt take the test back to the store and get a new one. Make sure the box, is not damaged in any way.
    I decided to not take it back because for one I lost the receipt and because I saw that all of the boxes looked damaged. I did go to walmart and got a clear blue digital, 5 days sooner one. Took it just now but came out not pregnant. Should I of waited until the am. My period is due tomorrow or Monday... I bought one with 2 tests. So I think I should wait awhile longer to use a test.

Another question... do all pregnancy tests have to have that evaporations strip in the innside. I know I'm a dork, but I took that test apart and there was no evaporation strip thing at all, and the other test I took 4 days ago, a diff brand had the evaporation strip.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 06:03 PM
    First morning urine is always the best to test with. Try again in the morning

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible preganancy or what? [ 5 Answers ]

My sister came to me the other night about her issue. She comes to me because I have a child and may know what the problem may be. She is 21. Used to be underweight, gaining weight with her birth control. Looks fabulous. She uses the pill, and notices that her period is not right. First she had...

What is her malfunction? [ 20 Answers ]

Ok- I have a 17 year old child who is beyond bright and very strong willed. She's a junior in high school. All of her teachers love her. She has unfortunately inherited my families disposition for migraines. We have her on a 504 plan to cover the days that she is out due to her legitimate...

Fan Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

Recently installed 3 speed, ceiling fan with light worked properly for about 6 weeks. Now fan only works on one speed and slows when light is turned on. What might be causing the malfunctioning?

My PC malfunction [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it that when I use my PC my computer says vga no signal?? Wats does vga mean?? :confused:

Preganancy Test Results During Menstrual [ 3 Answers ]

In some cases I've heard of woman getting their periods and still being preganant. Well my question is, if a young lady has been off her period for about 2 days and takes a preganancy test does her menstrual affect the results of the test?

View more questions Search