Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanyaa Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Any product that lightens u permanently which is avaiable in asia but not mono.
    Actually I want to even out my skin tone and 4/5 shade more light then my lightest part.. that will be enough for me.. I'm not greedy to become too fair..
    If there is something less effective I mean give results in long period, doesn't make too much light but the result is permanent.. im searching something like that because I'm fade up by usuing temorary stuffz which don't make even skintoned and give result for a very short time..
    I'm from bangladesh.. and I don't know about any avaiable products which can meet up my desire even not good enough to lighten.. :(.. now I'm using loriel day re lightening whitening cream and I didn't notice anyy result:(...
    So anyone know any good lightening product which is avaiable here:S
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Sep 24, 2009, 08:52 AM

4-5 shades is quite a bit to lighten to be honest; literally going from dark black to very light tan.

Anyhow, your best bet would be to start with skin lightening maintainers only. It's a good "preparation phase" for your skin if you plan on taking somewhat major changes. These include Alpha Arbutin, Kojic acid and other melanin inhibitors which don't destroy melanin nor melanocytes, but rather repress their production.

Darker skin tones generally require much more time, and more precision for best results.

I believe Monobenzone is the only real skin lightener that has any possibility for providing permanent skin lightening results. Despite being "dangerous" in terms of other skin lighteners, I'd consider it the safest permanent lightener unless you were to burn your epidermis and melanocytes off with some form of other harsh chemical.

Sep 24, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    4-5 shades is quite a bit to lighten to be honest; literally going from dark black to very light tan.

Anyhow, your best bet would be to start off with skin lightening maintainers only. It's a good "preparation phase" for your skin if you plan on taking somewhat major changes. These include Alpha Arbutin, Kojic acid and other melanin inhibitors which don't destroy melanin nor melanocytes, but rather repress their production.

Darker skin tones generally require much more time, and more precision for best results.

I believe Monobenzone is the only real skin lightener that has any possibility for providing permanent skin lightening results. Despite being "dangerous" in terms of other skin lighteners, I'd consider it the safest permanent lightener unless you were to burn your epidermis and melanocytes off with some form of other harsh chemical.
    Thanks for your response.but I heard about some other ingrediant which whiten permanently such as mequinol,tretinion... but I have little knowledge on them.. so I wanted to know more about them.

Sep 25, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Mequinol is very similar to Monobenzone, but I doubt it provides as permanent effects as monobenzone. Tretinoin is simply Vitamin A; it's not permanent lightener and simply provides disinefectant properties often used by people fighting acne.
    KRIS P KRIS Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Mequinol is very similar to Monobenzone, but I doubt it provides as permanent effects as monobenzone. Tretinoin is simply Vitamin A; it's not permanent lightener and simply provides disinefectant properties often used by people fighting acne.
    What about a combo of

Monobenzone and solage (MENQUINOL AND tretinoin)

What should someone start using to lighten up a bit and then lighten up a lot until I am light skinned and then use for a more permanent effect.

Sep 25, 2009, 09:54 AM

Thanks both of u.. guys I feel if one start using mono or mono based cream.. and to have the efeect permanent.. long period of using this ingrediant people turn like vitiligo patient?is that true?and what abut the menqiel ?its also produce pathches?

Sep 25, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIS P KRIS View Post
    What about a combo of

Monobenzone and solage (MENQUINOL AND tretinoin)

What should someone start off using to lighten up a bit and then lighten up alot until I am light skinned and then use for a more permanent effect.
    Highly disadvised. Using two strong skin lighteners at the same time isn't theoretically a good idea, especially when both work in similar methods.

Quote Originally Posted by tanyaa View Post
    thnx both of u..guys i feel if one start using mono or mono based cream..and to have the efeect permanent ..long period of using this ingrediant people turn like vitiligo patient?is that true?and what abut the menqiel ?its also produce pathches?
    Monobenzone doesn't guarantee permanent results, but ensures a higher chance for stronger ones. Just as melanocytes may be killed off, they may also be reproduced. Using long term monobenzone may result in odd patches, but not actual vitiligo which is a result from internal genetic or cell deficiencies.

Sep 25, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Highly disadvised. Using two strong skin lighteners at the same time isn't theoretically a good idea, especially when both work in similar methods.

Monobenzone doesn't gaurentee permanent results, but ensures a higher chance for stronger ones. Just as melanocytes may be killed off, they may also be reproduced. Using long term monobenzone may result in odd patches, but not actual vitiligo which is a result from internal genetic or cell deficiencies.
    I didn't meant the deasease.. I meant the color... long period of using mono turn the skin tone like vitiligo patient?

Sep 25, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Very rare and close to impossible; you'd realize what was happening before it actually happened. By that time, you've probably reached your lightening goal already, and further use would be unnecessary unless using occasional maintaining.

If you're planning on reaching the color, I'd say that would be the only way to reach complete vitiligo-like skin across your entire body.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2009, 03:23 AM

Anyhow, your best bet would be to start off with skin lightening maintainers only. It's a good "preparation phase" for your skin if you plan on taking somewhat major changes. These include Alpha Arbutin, Kojic acid and other melanin inhibitors which don't destroy melanin nor melanocytes, but rather repress their production.

Monobenzone is not a lightener, it is a depigment agent. There is a BIG difference.

Sep 26, 2009, 04:19 AM
    There is no such thing as a permanent LIGHTENER cream....

If you lighten you must continue treating the skin...

There is only depigmentation by way of PURE mequinol and monobenzone

OR... you could look into a lower level of Q Switch Laser, if not removing tattoos it is used for people with Vitiligo... you could ask if at a lower level to lighten your skin

Sep 26, 2009, 12:10 PM

It's obviously not a lightener; it's keyed that way in my explanation to give people the notion that it can be used as such in very small increments.

Monobenzone is meant to be a depigmenting agent; it's use can however be used in lower quantities as a skin lightener, therefore expressed as such. No skin pigment-related substances are constituted as removing melanin on a instant basis comparable to some sort of paint-like results; they all go through a lightening period before either depigment the original melanin structure temporarily or semi to permanently as with monobenzone.

You wouldn't call something a "depigmenter" when it's use has been changed to lightening.

OR... you could look into a lower level of Q Switch Laser, if not removing tattoos it is used for people with Vitiligo... you could ask if at a lower level to lighten your skin
    This method is very expensive when going as deep as below the epidermis; the risk of ruining your skin is even higher and I doubt the results would maintain any even tones whatsoever.

Sep 26, 2009, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dessaml View Post
    There is no such thing as a permanent LIGHTENER cream....

if you lighten you must continue treating the skin.....

There is only depigmentation by way of PURE mequinol and monobenzone

OR....you could look into a lower level of Q Switch Laser, if not removing tattoos it is used for people with Vitiligo....you could ask if at a lower level to lighten your skin
    Thanks so much :) will u please tell me more about Q switch laser or can u give me link to know more about the laser?
    Thanks

Sep 29, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyaa View Post
    thnx so much :) will u please tell me more about Q switch laser or can u give me link to know more about the laser?
    thnx
    Q Switched Laser

Like I said, I don't know if it can be used for lightening, but it is used to remove tattoos, brown spots, and to depig vitiligo patients. If a dermotologist in your area has one you could ask about it being on lower levels to lighten the skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cream or Solution that lightens groin area fast? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello guys maybe you know a product that can lighten the groin area very fast? Its summer already and my groin area is unfortunately darker than my body. I'm taking glutathione and it lighten my skin but I want to groin area to be whiter FAST. Help

Want to know about avaiable lightening products in bangladesh [ 5 Answers ]

Hy all Anybody here from bangladesh or realted to bangladeshi shop?if so.. then u must be aware that here its tough for online shopping... can anyone help me about lightening products which are avaiable in bangladeshi local shop?or any easy way to buy lightening products? I'm sick of finding...

Finally found something decent! Lightens me well [ 62 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been trying to lighten my skin for a while, I think some of you may remember me from before. I have used many things such as fair and flawless, bio claire (results initially were good then made me darker and is apperently dangerous), makari (broke me out!) and an endless...

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

View more questions Search