Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcboucher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Property damage by neighbor
    Hi - my neighbor's sprinklers have damaged the siding on my house (zero property line i.e.. Side of my house is on the line). They do not feel that they are fully nor partially responsible for paying for the repair. What are my options? Small claims, Lien (they have listed their house for sale).. Thanks - Becky
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 11, 2009, 09:14 AM

Small claims would be my only option here. Of course here the zoning department would not have allowed anyone to build on a property line. Im not sure what the local regs are for your area was the house always so close to the line?
    bcboucher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 10:05 AM

The entire neighborhood was buitl zero property line... We will never buy a future home with zero prop line... live and learn.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 11, 2009, 10:08 AM

If the whole neighborhood is that way maybe small claims will be an option why do they they are not responsible? GOOD LUCK, AC
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 10:16 AM

Small claims is definitely an option. Zero lot line or not, they are not entitled to have their irrigation system throw water on your siding, and if they do they would be liable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor says my fence on his property [ 7 Answers ]

I have lived in my home for almost 20 years, the house was built in 1986. My property was surrounded by wooded area originally until recently, owners are trying to secion off the land parcels to build sincle family homes. I had land all around me up until 2 years ago, then a house was built next to...

My neighbor says that our fence is three feet onto his property [ 15 Answers ]

My neighbor clames that out fence is three feet onto his property and he plans to move it. The fence had been up for over thiry years. After a certain amount of time does the fence define the property line or will I need to have the property serveyed to settle this dispute?

When does a neighbor own your property because they mow the lawn? [ 3 Answers ]

When we first moved into our home, our next-door neighbor offered to mow a portion of our side yard in exchange for allowing her to keep a mound that she had planted in flowers. This mound was actually in a large part on our side of the lot line. At the time I thought it an odd arrangement, but...

Neighbor won't trim brush off my property [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor has a brush not bush growing well over 3 feet onto my yard. Its very unattractive and mosquitoes love it. I have ask her to trim them. She called the police? Of course I had no Problem with them but she still has refused to clear the awful mess off my yard. It also blocks my view out...

Neighbor attached to fence on our property w/out consent [ 1 Answers ]

Before we put our fence up, we asked our neighbor if he would like to share the fence line, including costs and he said yes. When the day came to erect the fence, we called the neighbor and he said he could not afford it at that time and he also wanted to change the location of where the fence...

View more questions Search