Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raychi Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Internet love
    I've fallen in love with someone over the internet. I don't know why, and I know it's not safe to give out numbers and stuff. But do you think I should tell him that I feel this way and then stop talking to him. To be safe. Or do you think I can still talk to him. What's safer?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 11:09 AM

How old are you? How long have you been chatting with this person?

You have to realize that anything you believe to be true about this person could be a lie, a mistruth, or fact. You can't really fall in love with someone until you create a relationship - and that is done when you are with someone... not over the internet.

The internet can give you a great base upon which you can build a relationship, but it is never a substitute for getting to know someone in person.

Every online-begun relationship that has worked and turned into love and marriage had to, one day become a reality, not a keyboard chat.

That being said, your age and time chatting is very relevant.

Jun 22, 2009, 11:29 AM
    I'm almost 14 and me and the boy have been talking for almost 3 years.

And I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth.
    Help!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 11:32 AM

You're 14.

Under no circumstances, whatsoever would I recommend giving out your phone number or information about where you live, period. This is how bad things happen to unsuspecting people.

You have to be so careful these days.

Do your parents know about this friendship?

Jun 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Yeah my parents know about this friendship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

How do I enable the internet with kaspersky internet security 7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my kaspersky internet security I can't open the internet when the protection is working But I can open the internet by stoping the protection So I want to enable the protection and open the internet in the same time... Is here enybody help me,please

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

View more questions Search