Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    younga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Lx255 john deere
    My tractor is ten years old and in excellent shape it has been very well taken care of by me. It recently has had a problem wanting to start after it has been running for more than 30 min. Today it just decided to quit and now it will not start. I have removed the plug and checked the safety switch under the seat. Nothing I have done has helped. I recently put a new fuel filter on thiking this was the problem, but it still is not running the way it used to.:( Any suggestions?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 04:05 PM

Disconnect the fuel line after the filter, do you get a good flow of gas coming out of the filter?
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2009, 06:39 AM

Drain the old gas out of the tank and then put new fresh gas in.it may have water in the gas!

Don't listen to Ballengerb1,he don't know anything! DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 07:58 AM

Mower_man, you and I disagreed on one post and that is the end of the discussion. I read a website regarding tractors and believed the info to be true. You say it is not and that is your opinion. I have not bad mouthed you and you should do the same. I have been an Expert on this site for years with many thousands of posts and I can tell you that your comments are out of line. Your advice today , as well as my advice, are both valid starting points so just let it be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere la 125 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the belt diagram for the john deere la 125

John deere 314 [ 5 Answers ]

When I try to engage my deck the tractor starts to die. When I click the deck off it runs without problems what's up?

Diagram for John Deere LX255 to replace drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can locate or access a diagram to replace the drive belt on my John Deere LX255 lawn mower? I have the belt - just need to know how to put it on!

John Deere 160 [ 2 Answers ]

I took the floating deck off, when I put it back on, it will not move. I have an owner's manual, but it's no help. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of how to reattach the deck? THanks, AWE

View more questions Search