Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pvboy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Does anyone use monobenzone?
    Does anyone use monobenzone without a persciption? I am a dark skinned afro american and I wanted to know will mono be good for me. Will it leave me spotie and blotchy or if that's not going to be good what about 4% or 10% hq! Please help I don't want to be wite just want to be 4 or 5 shades lighter.
    haiji Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Well I'am current using monobenzone 20% on my shoulder for to test before apply to my face.this the truth it doesn't look to pretty,it was fading at first now it going dark and I've a white/pink spot on my shoulder.but I hope this help...

May 29, 2009, 06:59 AM
    Haiji,
    Yes that helped but if you don't mind me asking what is you race and skin tone and where do you get your mono from? Is there somewhere to get 3% mono?
    Anatola Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Yes there is a seller on eBay with 3% mono but I doubt it is any good. It would take you FOREVER to depigment or in this case even become lighter.

May 29, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Anatola
    Okay thanks so what do you suggest? I have been reading about hydroquinone but I hear that the results aren't permanent? Has anyone tried MegaBlast bleaching cream WOE if so how effective is it?
    Anatola Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Hey,

There is absolutely NOTHING permanent at the moment apart from depigmenting your skin using a depigmentor (such as monobenzone) but even this in rare cases can result in full repigmentation and sometimes even hyperpigmentation after you stop the treatment. If that happens it could be more difficult (even impossible) to remove the pigment again.

Hydroquinone does work in lightening your skin but it is not permanent and to maintain your colour you need to keep applying it and stay out of the sun. A lot of scientists suggest that long-term use can result to skin cancer.

There might (quite possibly), in the future (how soon I do not know), be a method of lightening or even depigmenting your skin by knocking or altering some of your genes (i.e. genes that produce melanin). It is still not available because 1. knocking the melanin gene out can result in losing your hair melanin etc as some genes code for more proteins than one and 2. Obviously because of the ethical issues.

A

May 29, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Thanks for the advice Anatola,
    I just don't know what to do know! I really want to try mono?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 09:55 AM

pvboy do yourself a favour and stay away from mono, now I got white spots that I have to bleach to get ride of and my regimin changes countiniously like just about every week, now I'm on movate and gluthathione soap my skin is peeling like crazy I EVEN HAVE WHITE PATCHES like rihanna colour white and not the mj white patches mono gave to me

I'm in west africa now and the movates over here is SUPER STRONG

My advice to you if your going to lighten do hq or gluta, and stay away from mono
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2009, 10:33 PM

Yep stay away. Anatols I wish u was on the site last Sept. I started mono w/ benzarbutin mixed w other stuff. I stopped in Jan. My body is still producing lighter spots. Just this month the spots have moved to my lower back & behind my thighs. It keep moving all over me.
    I prevented it from the face cause I didn't apply it there... but I saw a few spots under the skin on my chin. I immediately started fading them w HQ... so far so good. The back of my neck I saw a line of spots going into my nape. LOL The sun & the hq40% stopped it & blended it in. I did the sun for 2 weeks so we will see I want my even color back...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone tried monobenzone? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I´ve been told that the best cream for permanent skinwhitening is the monobenzone. If you use it right it can give you amazing results, but I do not know where to find it since it is hard dermatologists give you a prescription for it... Has any one used it? Where can I get it?

View more questions Search