Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajeshwar08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 07:50 PM
    I am using a cable for internet,how to connect to multiple pcs
    Sir,I am using a cable for internet and I am from INDIA.I am having two computers and a laptop in my house.I want to use only one internet connection to all these computers.waht are the possible ways to use the same connection.can I work with internet on those computers simultaneously. Help
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 04:40 AM

Yes, you can get for all your computer through one connection of internet. You have get switch and get a cross cable or normal cable then connect one end to switch and another one to computer's Ethernet port then put the IP address to another computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2009, 05:22 AM

Get a broadband router. That's the easiest and best way. A hub or switch will not allow for sharing of the internet connection without using some sort of sharing software. It also makes the configuration more complex.

With a broadband router, you just plug in the Cable modem and your PCs and you are pretty much good to go. If your laptop has WiFi (wireless) capability and you want to use that you will NEED a wireless router.
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 05:17 PM

You should get a linksys wireless-g router it`s very easy to setup, any one can do it it supports 4 computers on one connection and has wireless with grate security in it so no one will steal you wireless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

Connect 2 PC to share Internet via ethernet cable [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have connected via ethernet cable 2 PC (both WindowsXP) to share Internet . The cable is a cross over cable... but after that it does not work... when setup network wizard is used Local Area Connection is not made and I get lost in IPsettings, DNS... Can you help? Thanks JMV

Connect dvd to cable TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How I connect dvd to cable TV . I have old TV . Please, shoe me in chart. Thanks, mile

I can't connect to the internet with my switch and cable modem [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a 3com 8port switch for my 5 pc's and my LAN works fine. I used to have a 4 port wireless cable router before I bought the switch. I give the router to my brother (in case you guys ask where is the router now). I connect the cable modem to the switch to see if any of the PC can go...

View more questions Search