Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
    This is wisdom
    This is wisdom

Some say that tradition is like the party game where a message is whispered from one person to another and at the end of the line, the message bares scant resemblance to the original.

They then turn around and ascribe that to the Catholic Church claiming that the Church teaches tradition therefore its message has been corrupted as the message in the game.

But that analogy is false. First of all, the Church does not rely on Tradition ALONE to pass down the teachings of Jesus Christ. The Church teaches by Tradition, Scripture and Magisterium.

Before we go further, let us study another situation. At Christmas time, how many of us parents are stuck putting our children's toys together? And frequently, they come only with written instructions. Most of us know from experience, to ignore the instructions and do our best to put it together intuitively.

What is the problem which we encounter?

Written instructions are fixed, inflexible. They can't adjust to our circumstance. They assume the proper tools are available, good visibility, and a perfect environment in which to work. But that isn't always the case. Frequently we have to put things together amidst mounds of paper, cardboard and bouncing children.

They also assume that we know what we are doing. That we're familiar with tools and components.

So, lets go back to our first example:

Instead of simply whispering the message from ear to ear, lets also pass a note to accompany the message and lets also act it out. If the message is "clap three times", lets clap three times and ask the person to clap three times to confirm they have understood the message.

Will the message be corrupted do you think? Try it for yourself.

Now, what have we learned is the best methodology to pass down information?

We've known it all along. All we need do is look in a classroom. 99.9% of which have someone teaching and giving examples to children who are reading from their books.

This is what the Catholic Church provides.

A Teacher. The Teaching Church. Otherwise known as Magisterium. Teaching the Word of God.

Tradition. The example. The living response of the Church through the millennia to the Word of God.

And Scripture. The written history and instruction of the Word of God.

This is wisdom.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    This is wisdom

This is what the Catholic Church provides.

A Teacher. The Teaching Church. Otherwise known as Magisterium. Teaching the Word of God.

Tradition. The example. The living response of the Church through the millenia to the Word of God.

And Scripture. The written history and instruction of the Word of God.

This is wisdom.
    DeMarie, I find respect for the teaching of Christ Jesus, and peace shown to edify one another. I offer my heart of love in Christ Jesus, as a child of God

This is the converted child of God that does the will of their Father in Heaven.By no other names then Christ Jesus (Matthew 18:3)

A Teacher: that follows the Master, Christ Jesus. Who did built the foundation of HIS church with servants known as the apostles and prophets. So we can follower of them, even as they also were followers of Christ. We then become the many members of One Body, Christ Jesus. (Romans 12:5)

Note scripture to what we apprehend:

Phl 3:16-17 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Phl 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Phl 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Traditions: as ensampled of passover, purged from corruption into unleavened bread of Christ, brought to sincerity and truth. The tradition for feast in grace and love of our Saviour Christ Jesus, the blood of the New Testament.

AND Christ the unleaven bread never partakes of the leaven, which is doctrine of man which Christ warned against (Matthew 16:12)

1 Cr 5:8 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

The old leaven was all the religions that had developed by mankind following man in search of the divine spirit.... Nature worship, idol worship, the enlighten one Buddhism, ect..

Christianity was the unleaven bread sent to us by God teaching us to follow One Body.. One Man... CHRIST JESUS the begotten son of God, Emmanuel (Matthew 1:23)

And Scripture: the Body of Christ Jesus made flesh to follow, who ensampled for us the will of HIS Father, confessed as the begotten Son of God.

1 Peter 2:1 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

This is Wisdom:

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

The knowledge of HOLY is understanding:One Body = CHRIST JESUS
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    DeMarie, I find respect for the teaching of Christ Jesus, and peace shown to edify one another. I offer my heart of love in Christ Jesus, as a child of God

This is the converted child of God that does the will of their Father in Heaven.By no other names then Christ Jesus (Matthew 18:3)

A Teacher: that follows the Master, Christ Jesus. Who did built the foundation of HIS church with servants known as the apostles and prophets. So we can follower of them, even as they also were followers of Christ. We then become the many members of One Body, Christ Jesus. (Romans 12:5)

Note scripture to what we apprehend:

Phl 3:16-17 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Phl 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Phl 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Traditions: as ensampled of passover, purged from corruption into unleavened bread of Christ, brought to sincerity and truth. The tradition for feast in grace and love of our Saviour Christ Jesus, the blood of the New Testament.

AND Christ the unleaven bread never partakes of the leaven, which is doctrine of man which Christ warned against (Matthew 16:12)

1 Cr 5:8 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

The old leaven was all the religions that had developed by mankind following man in search of the divine spirit.... Nature worship, idol worship, the enlighten one Buddhism, ect..

Christianity was the unleaven bread sent to us by God teaching us to follow One Body.. One Man... CHRIST JESUS the begotten son of God, Emmanuel (Matthew 1:23)

And Scripture: the Body of Christ Jesus made flesh to follow, who ensampled for us the will of HIS Father, confessed as the begotten Son of God.

1 Peter 2:1 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

This is Wisdom:

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

The knowledge of HOLY is understanding:One Body = CHRIST JESUS
    Taking your statement as a whole, it sounds as though you believe that God provided more than just Scripture for the passing down of His teachings. Am I correct in that assessment?
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Taking your statement as a whole, it sounds as though you believe that God provided more than just Scripture for the passing down of His teachings. Am I correct in that assessment?
    Scripture is God's Word, HIS letter to us through the inspiration of the Spirit. The message offers us choice of eternal life or eternal death.

The profitable worth in scripture I feel we have already discussed as being godliness.

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

This is what we are given, As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation

Col 2:6-7 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:10-12 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Wisdom! [ 1 Answers ]

Support a Family The prospective son-in-law was asked by his girl friend's father, "Son, can you support a family?" "Well, no, sir," he replied. "I was just planning to support your daughter. The rest of you have to fend for yourselves." Unusual Dog A duck hunter needed a new bird...

Raw gum behind wisdom tooth. [ 2 Answers ]

I was brushing my teeth last night and notices that there was some blood when I spit, I rinsed well and listerined. I also use a water pik. This morning when I was brushing My gum behind my wisdom tooth was real sore, raw feeling. Could this be the beginning of an absess or should I worry about it.

Wisdom tooth [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a bad wisdom tooth for a few years. Scared to go to dentist. It has just fell out, no pain or bleeding. Looks like the whole tooth. What should I do?:confused: :(

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search