Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R-J-S-InLove Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2009, 09:00 PM
    My teen sis jealous of me
    I'm 21 and my sister is 15.
    Now we grew up in a very competitive environment with a lot of comparison between the two of us
    Now the thing is we both shared a healthy relationship until she grows and now she's jealous of my everything...

My looks, my clothes, my boyfriend, my education all seem to hurt her a lot

Well she gets along fine with my mother and so she is trying to poison mummy against me...

What to do, I really love her a lot
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Apr 5, 2009, 12:27 AM
    Hi rjs I don't have any sibling bt I hope my advice will be good for her...
    Jealous is a very harmful disease its not as easy to remove from once mind
    Ask your parents to act in a way that giving much importance to her, you have a friendly relationship with her,,
    Wear a clothes that not much beautiful than her and you ask about her clothe in the sense praise her about her selection these are the tacts

Always praise her and you be down to the earth person

Hope your mom will be equal to both of you

U consult with your mom when she is not there while you are discussing about her and make a act to solve this problem

I hope this will be useful

Apr 5, 2009, 01:48 AM

OK I'l try that...

Thanks for help dear

Apr 5, 2009, 04:35 AM
    I don't have siblings or experience in this but if this is a situation for I would reacted in this way
    Try this if it works I'm glad

Then we will try a new idea yaar
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:49 AM

It seems to me like your sister is thinking you are trying to leave her; to move on with your life.

A good way to reconnect with her, and make her feel like you're still there for her would be to spend more time with her. If you are still friends with her, start a weekly movie night or something of the sort where it is just you and her going out for fun. Try to make it a situation where the pressure of the outside world goes away, and you can just have fun together.

You're 21, but do you still live with your younger sister? If not, another good way to stay with her would be to take her over to your place, let her just hang out. Not only going over for her life, but bringing her around to your life would be a good way to show her that "Yes, I have my own stuff to do, but I still love you. You are my sister, and there will always be a place for you in my life, no matter where it is."

PS: On your decision to try and salvage a good relationship with your sister I applaud you. Too many people lose out with others because of small reasons they choose not to overlook and get over.

Apr 5, 2009, 08:34 AM

Thanks that'll help a lot

We don't stay together, m in a different city, with her schooling I can't take her along with me

But I do come bk home to meet all on weekends, that time I can fix something, but it's that she's always busy with something or other which prevents us from interacting much

Any other way I can win her back, she had always been my little angel, but now she acts up weird and annoyed when am around
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 08:43 AM

Well, it sounds like you are trying.
    If that is the situation, when you go to visit, call ahead of time and come on a day when she is free so you can go out together.
    With school for her, and life for you, it can get hard, but she probably feels unassociated with you, and you need to prove to her that you want to still be best friends and sisters.
    At 15 years old, she should be mature enough to talk to you, so sitting down and having a talk about it shouldn't be too bad of an idea either.

Apr 5, 2009, 08:48 AM

M trying to patch up this Easter

Thinking of buying a gift for her, only thing is I just don't know what to talk to her, we are very different when it comes to thinking patterns and ideologies...

Apr 13, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by R-J-S-InLove View Post
    I'm 21 and my sister is 15.
    Now we grew up in a very competitive environment with a lot of comparison between the two of us
    Now the thing is we both shared a healthy relationship until she grows and now she's jealous of my everything.......

my looks, my clothes, my bf, my education all seem to hurt her a lot

Well she gets along fine with my mother and so she is trying to poison mummy against me........

what to do, i really love her a lot

So do you tried out?? How is your situation now??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Still jealous [ 18 Answers ]

I wrote a post on here a few weeks again about my problem with Jealousy. I thought it was getting better after I read everyone's replys but its not. Last night we were watching the telly when a naked woman came on I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter just because he was watching the...

How do I not become jealous over everything he does without me? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend is so sweet, but I always fear he is going to cheat on me or wants to cheat on me. My problem is that I have cheated with other boyfriends in the past so I really don't believe that people can remain faithful. He has done nothing for me to suspect that he's cheating and he even tells...

How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her. What is it?

Jealous of my man! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year and a few months ago we started having a long distance relationship (due to school) and we are planning on moving in together in 2-3 years. During this time I am working Mon-Fri - 12 hours a day. So weekends I am to dead to do anything. He...

Jealous or not [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I had a cookout for a few friends and family, one of our friends brought his live-in girlfriend with him, which neither me or my husband know very well. I made the remark to her that she looked a lot like another friend of ours that was not there, my husband said yes she does but she...

View more questions Search