Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Moving on. Beyond nc
    My ex... after being with me through all of high school... the week after we break up he starts dating another chick... I went NC started to heal and such and then like months later he calls up and we chat to get some stuff out and he says that he wants to marry me later in life but he wants to experience other relationships first. And I was like... cool.. me too I mean technically I still love him. But now this new relationship has come into my life. And I just can't do it! Every time I get a new fantastic guy who wants to buy me the moon I can do it but how can my ex just move straight onto this new girl and say he still wants me? How can I let go? Ive gone nc... is it just time? Ive been committed single but I feel like maybe the next step is to allow myself to take another shot at love... is this wise? Its been about 4 months since the break up.

Edited for some really bad spelling
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 10:33 PM

I would say if you have to ask it is not wise just yet to have a new relationship. Get out there and start dating and having fun with that but there is no need to focus on 'love' straight away.

It sounds like this boy wants the best of both worlds, to go out and have his freedom but to have you waiting in the background for him when he's done. You are better than this.

We all move on in our own ways. If this is what he decided to do it has nothing to do with, and should not affect your decisions because he is no longer art of your life... THAT is what NC is for.

You've done the hardest part already by sticking to NC. Just give it time and try to have fun while your at it!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 10:37 PM

You are allowing him to stir up old feelings by chatting with him and getting stuff out, in the meantime he gets to boink whomever because your still responding to his crap. Go back to NC and ignore him, and give yourself sufficient time to really heal.
    Ive gone nc..
    And you broke it too soon, now go back to it.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 06:24 AM

Go NC and stick to it, you keep picking at the scabs, these things take time to heal
    dwidrick Posts: 116, Reputation: 30

May 9, 2011, 08:17 AM
    Agreed stick to NC... keep up the dating thing and doing you, you never know who may come around and make you forget all about your ex and what he is up to. I am in a similar position as you right now, it sucks but when someone new comes around that has this affect on you, you will realize it was all worth it. =)

May 9, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Comment on dwidrick's post
    I really have to pay attention to the dates of these posts... my bad haha
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 9, 2011, 08:26 AM

Lol,:-)

May 9, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Haha now you are just rubbing it in amicon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I tell him I'm moving away [ 6 Answers ]

I have seen a guy I like a few times for dates... though I have known him for a couple of years and we keep in touch every now and then. Things have developed a bit more over the last couple of months but not into any type of relationship. The thing is I think I am now getting back together with...

Moving on [ 3 Answers ]

After 30 years of marriage my wife had an 2 yr affair. I know I wasn't the best husband but I need to move on and I can't. I still love her. All I can think about is being with her or beating the hell out of her lover. My daily emotions are all over the place, love, hate, depression, foolisness and...

Moving out [ 1 Answers ]

Where are some cheap apartments for rent. For no more than 300 a month in Indiana, or merrillville or sherillville Indiana

Moving on but moving backwards. [ 3 Answers ]

Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months...

More on moving [ 1 Answers ]

DOes a noncustodial parent need to notify custodial parent of an out of state move within a certain period in a shared custody arrangement?

View more questions Search