Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Coolant level
    Hi I topped up the engine coolant level with a 2 water to 1.5 antifreeze yesterday and I kind of went over the maximum level by roughly an inch. And today when I parked up I noticed alo of steam coming for my engine so I lifted the bonnet and it seems the pressure had popped the cap of the coolant. How would I get the level down?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Feb 12, 2009, 11:37 AM

It will blow the extra off itself... the reason the is a fill line is because it expands with heat. There is a runoff hose that will expel the extra.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 11:39 AM

Right so its not going to blow up on me, at least I think I put the antifreeze mix in the coolant, it was a dark red liquid and the antifreeze is blue, unfortunately I don't have the car manual and I can't seem to find a labeled diagram of my ford KA engine bay on the web
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 01:05 PM

Now I'm worried, because antifreeze isn't blue. Windshield washer fluid is. You shouldn't mix the two.

What year, make and model is your vehicle?
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 01:09 PM

Well this antifreeze is, maybe american antifreeze isn't I don't know I just read the bottle and look at the colour of the liquid? I have a ford KA 03 plate
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165470
    Oh my mistake yea I see some antifreeze is red... but this ones blue :)
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Feb 12, 2009, 02:21 PM

Are you sure the antifreeze is blue?

Never seen blue.. red, green, super yellow... hmm

Well, find the radiator (right in front) there should be a hose that runs off to a tank on the side. On the tank there is a "fill" line. Might it say COld or Hot fill line... fill accordingly

If you had poured it into the washer fluid tank.. it wouldn't have overflowed... and if you poured winshield washer fluid in with antifreeze... well, hmm.. I would think it will evaporate quickly.

Jeez.. does it have pedals? I'm surprised it has an engine its so small! Lol ;)

Its got to be one of those "Tanks" look for one that SAYS coolant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ink level on printers lost ink level option [ 1 Answers ]

I have a HP Deskjet 950C and HP Phttosmart 7550 printer. Both printers have lost the option to see the ink levels. Is there a way to get this option back.

Adding coolant [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag side by side, how difficult is it to add coolant?

Nice on main level, hot on upper level [ 4 Answers ]

We live in a house that is 5 yrs old. With the A/C on, the main level of the house is very comfortable yet the upper level where the bedrooms are doesn't seem to cool down at all. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the duct work which won't be an easy fix. Could there be any other...

What color coolant [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 8.0liter v10, what color antifreeze should I be using? It has 92,000 miles on it.

View more questions Search