Feb 5, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Where does heat energy come from and how is it produced
    tattyberry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 09:23 AM
    dglennware Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Feb 8, 2009, 07:40 PM

Heat is generally produced as a result of friction in all chemical and mechanical processes. Nothing can be 100% energy efficient as heat is released in various ways. Just you walking across the floor produces heat between your feet and the floor and heat in your body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The molar heat capacity of silver is 25.35 . How much energy would it take to raise t [ 1 Answers ]

The molar heat capacity of silver is 25.35 . How much energy would it take to raise the temperature of 9.60 of silver by 15.3?

Heat Energy Requirement [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to calculate the heat energy required to raise the temperature of a solution containing 34,624kg of silica, 7,252kg of water and 224kg of sulphuric acid from 298K to 423K (i.e delta T = 125K). This seems a simple problem; I have the respective specific heat capacities of silica, water...

Heat Energy Absorbed [ 2 Answers ]

A 300g piece of aluminum is heated from 30 degrees C to 150 degrees C. What amount of heat energy is absorbed? The specific heat capacity of aluminum is: 900 I tried doing this question.. and substituting it in the formula Q=m c DeltaT but I get a different answer from my teacher's answer. ...

Cost and energy efficiency, keeping your cool vs letting things heat up. [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I have a disagreement. We own a kennel for dogs which we have to keep it reasonably climate controlled for the comfort of the dogs. Now with that said let me describe the building the dogs are housed. A concrete block structure with the only insulation in the attic. The kennel does...

Insufficient heat being produced by gas furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace, located in the attic, and very warm air blows from a few vents in the ceiling and coolish air comes from other vents in the ceiling. I do not know what could be causing this problem. Please help. Judd

View more questions Search