Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 10:00 PM
    How do I fix this uneven dark mess?
    Ive been dying my hair now for a couple of years. Recently I colored it a beautiful chocolate brown. That was about 2 months ago. Last week I touched up the roots ( my hair grows very fast and at 24, have a little too much gray hair), and the color is an uneven mess! Some of its lighter, the roots don't match at all and the ends seamed to have picked up a red tint.. I've used differnet lightners in the past, but I heard of a new one called oops! Color remover. Has anyone used it? Anyone have any ideas what to do? My hair is in great condtion, id love to take this dark messed up color off!! Help please
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 26, 2009, 05:31 AM

Color Oops or ColorFix or ColorZap or Igora Phantom are all reducing-type color removers. These products react to "undevelop" the artificial pigment in your hair so that it can be shampooed out. Even so, it can be difficult and often has to be used more than once to get all of the color out.

When you get the color out, it has to be re-dyed. It will likely leave the hair a very brassy, ugly color.

Using one of these color removers is a much better idea than trying to bleach out the artificial pigments. That approach almost always leads to disaster.
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jan 26, 2009, 07:05 AM

When you use a color remover such as oops! Or zap! make sure not to apply it to your roots at first, apply to the darkest parts of your hair first, as they will take the longest to process. It may not remove all of the color , but will lighten it ehough to be able to put a lighter color over it. Also, I would recommend a semi-permanent color since you are going darker and don't have much grey to cover. If you have a local beauty supply store, go in after you have used the color remover so the staff can help you find the right color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess! [ 4 Answers ]

I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a...

I want to go from dark brown back to dark blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dark blonde. My current hair color is dark reddish brown, and I had it dyed at a salon with semi-permanent color. Every time I've had my hair dyed, which is only about 5 times, it has brought a reddish tone out. What would be the best products for me to use at home to...

Uneven ribs [ 1 Answers ]

I recently noticed that my ribs arnt even. I'm kind of worried. My right ribs stop about an inch lower then my left ribs. I've had a lot of stomach and digestion trouble recently and we haven't been able to find any cause for it. I've also had some back pain. Could my uneven ribs have anything...

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

View more questions Search