Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kardon89 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 01:23 PM
    This girl likes me but over break she tells me she is trying to get back with her ex
    This girl was dating her ex for a few years though high school and broke up many times because she said he was immature and we started hanging out in college towards end of the semester, we hooked up a lot and it was her idea to have sex with me, and she told me that she really likes me and cares for me a lot but recently we went home over winter break and live 45 min away from each other and the first few days of break she would text me all day everyday and then one day stopped texting me and would rarely reply to mine, and she told me she has been hangin out with her ex a lot and she says he is "different" and they are trying to get back together, when I asked her did she mean what she said about liking me and caring for me and she said that it was the truth, what should I do because I really like her?

This girl was dating her ex for a few years though high school and broke up many times because she said he was immature, it's the first semester of our soph year and we started hanging out towards end of the semester, we hooked up a lot and it was her idea to have sex with me, and she told me that she really likes me and cares for me a lot but recently we went home over winter break and live 45 min away from each other and the first few days of break she would text me all day everyday and then one day stopped texting me and would rarely reply to mine, and she told me she has been hangin out with her ex a lot and she says he is "different" and they are trying to get back together, when I asked her did she mean what she said about liking me and caring for me and she said that it was the truth, what should I do because I really like her?

This girl was dating her ex for a few years though high school and broke up many times because she said he was immature, I'm pretty sure they have been on and off during that time, and she was even dating some other kid at my skool for a good amt of last year, so it's the first semester of our soph year and we started hanging out towards end of the semester, we hooked up a lot and it was her idea to have sex with me, and she told me that she really likes me and cares for me a lot but recently we went home over winter break and live 45 min away from each other and the first few days of break she would text me all day everyday and then one day stopped texting me and would rarely reply to mine, and she told me she has been hangin out with her ex a lot and she says he is "different" and they are trying to get back together, when I asked her did she mean what she said about liking me and caring for me and she said that it was the truth, what should I do because I really like her?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 03:47 PM

She seems way too confused, and to be honest, way too easy to get into the sack. Leave her, you can do better. Never get involved with this kind of drama... it ain't worth it. God knows what she has been doing with her ex, so if I were you, I would pick up my pride and leave her butt behind... Buh Bye! Seems like she was using you to fulfill her sexual desires until she was back home with the ex...
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Dec 30, 2008, 02:48 PM

Drama sh*t.

Cut all ties. Sounds like a sleaze too.

jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 02:50 PM
    It sounds like you did not have any kind of commitment with her. Call her (don't text) and tell her that you realize she is confused about her ex, but you really like her and would like to have an exclusive relationship with her.

The decision will be hers to make, but at least she will have all the facts. She might pick you, or she might pick him. If she picks you then you better be ready for what you asked for. If she picks him, then move on. Do not allow her to come back to you every time they have an argument.

Good luck!
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Dec 31, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kardon89 View Post
    This girl was dating her ex for a few years though high school and broke up many times bc she said he was immature, im pretty sure they have been on and off during that time, and she was even dating some other kid at my skool for a good amt of last year, so its the first semester of our soph year and we started hanging out towards end of the semester, we hooked up alot and it was her idea to have sex with me, and she told me that she really likes me and cares for me alot but recently we went home over winter break and live 45 min away from each other and the first few days of break she would text me all day everyday and then one day stopped texting me and would rarely reply to mine, and she told me she has been hangin out with her ex alot n she says he is "different" and they are trying to get back together, when i asked her did she mean what she said about liking me and caring for me and she said that it was the truth, what should i do because i really like her?
    I do not want to sounds harsh but it would look from what you have written that this relationship is now over.

No matter how much you love someone or want to be with them, if they do not feel the same way there is nothing that can be done - you can not force someone to be with you -

It looks like this girl and her boyfriend have a very set habit regards breaking up and getting back together, I know it will be hard but you need to go No Contact with her and move forwards with your life and studys.

It looks like she has moved on, now is the time for you to as well !
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 02:35 PM

I agree with ja77
    You may have been a rebound of her TRYING to get over her ex.
    She has now decided she wants him so nothing you can do but let it go and see how it turns out.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 02:42 PM

I'm sorry, I know you like her but from her track record it sounds like she's not worth the trouble. It doesn't sound to me like she knows what she wants. Let her be for a while, don't text or call her.

Dec 31, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I'm sorry, I know you like her but from her track record it sounds like she's not worth the trouble. it doesn't sound to me like she knows what she wants. let her be for a while, don't text or call her.
    Do you mean don't call or text for good or just not text or call her till we get back to skool?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 03:20 PM

Until it is clear she has given up on her boyfriend and she shows an interest in you again

Dec 31, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Until it is clear she has given up on her bf and she shows an interest in you again
    True, her friends were sayn how she got bak with him because they been together so long before and she is givn him one las chance because she don't want to feel like she wasted her time all those years they were together. Her friends also told me that they feel that things will be bak to the way it was like they think she going to realize he's an and end it wit him and when we get bak to skool they think she going to start liking me again, so taking your advice I'm not going to text or call her at all until eithr I hear its over or until we get bak to skool
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 04:09 PM

good for you. =) just wait it out. She's got to know what it's like to miss you if she's going to want to get back together with you. If you text her or call her she won't experience that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Talaniman rule- Never mess with anyone who still has the hots for the ex

Talaniman rule- Never ever be a rebound for someone, that hasn't gotten over the ex

Talaniman rule- Don't be dumb enough to take sloppy second.

Talaniman rule- If she is messing with him, never let her come back to you.

Talaniman rule- Never let some one take your dignity, and self respect, and give it to someone else

Talaniman rule- Never reward bad behavior, it gets worse after that.

Talaniman rule- Just because she likes you, pay attention when she likes someone else more.

Talaniman rule- Nothing wrong with getting played once, stuff happens, but the second time is all your fault.

Which one applies to you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this girl but I don't know if she likes me back. [ 12 Answers ]

Hey. I like this german girl at my school, she's an exchange student and she's staying until January.. I started taking to her in August, maybe around 1st of August. On her birthday I gave her a box of chocolates. We started talking, she always smiles at me, looks at me and even sometimes we walked...

I like a girl but I don't know if she likes me back [ 9 Answers ]

There's this girl I like but I don't know if she likes me back. And if she doesn't like me back my rep is screwed what should I do:confused:

How do I no if the girl I like likes me back [ 4 Answers ]

How do I n if she's giving me signs?

How can I get my girl back after a break up [ 6 Answers ]

I'm down, been 4 days since we talked... before that weeks of her saying she loved me, but didn't know, wants to wait until she gets back in the country in two weeks to see how things go, then its "it's over for now, things will go how they are supposed to" I had got upset on a visit to see her,...

Girl tells boy he's the father after 4 years [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing because my cousin's ex girlfriend (who has been around the world and back if you know what I mean) called my grandmother the other day and was trying to get in touch with my cousin. She told my grandmother that she wanted my cousin to sign his rights away to his 4 year old daughter that...

View more questions Search