Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    builtontherock Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Herps treatment
    I would like to no if there is any other med I can take beside flamvir it is so expenses.the doc says I have herps on my lips and in my mouth had is about 9 months ago went to emr at hosp could not eat or drink.its coming back but can not afford the med its very expenes 17100 for 12 pills.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by builtontherock View Post
    i would like to no if there is any other med i can take beside flamvir it is so expenses.the doc says i have herps on my lips and in my mouth had is about 9 months ago went to emr at hosp could not eat or drink.its coming back but can not afford the med its very expenes 17100 for 12 pills.

Over the counter remedies range from aloe to zinc tablets but I don't know that anything is proven to work. I know the prescription medications also work to prevent the spread of herpes from one person to another which alternatives don't do.

I'm sure someone will have a better answer about alternatives but have you contacted any of the companies which manufacture the actual drugs (Acyclovir, Famciclovir, Pancyclovir, Valacyclovir) and asked if they have an assistance program. Many companies offer free or greatly reduced prescription drugs - you just have to ask them.

Norvatis is the company that produces Famvir.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 06:31 AM

I have a list of herbs for herpies
    I will have to look it up and get back to you
    As JKT said zinc is one and another is lysine ointment you can get from GNC.
    But you need to continue with your medication until your dr tells you otherwise.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 07:09 PM

Try using 91% isopropyl alcohol. It will sting and hurt like hell the first time you use it, but it will clear up the herpes lesions. The lesions should clear up within a few days. Use it twice a day. You may experience another outbreak in a month or so, but it won't be as bad. Each time you break out will be less and less. The alcohol can be applied with a qtip or cotton ball.
    Another Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2008, 08:07 AM

The amino acid lysine is an inexpensive and widely available food supplement that can reduce herpes outbreaks. Argenine, more expensive but also widely available does the opposite, potentiates herpes outbreaks.

Lysine is safe to take and has been used by certain vegetarians for years to balance their dietary needs. You might even try moistening a tablet and rubbing it around the area of concern (I tried this on a lip cold sore -herpes I- and it seemed to work).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IVF treatment [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have embryo transfer 7 days ago and today I got cramps just like I will start with my period. Is it possible to get period to early when you have ivf treatment? Please for answer I am freaking out.

Can probation officer remove you from treatment center whilyou are getting treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Can probation officer come remove you from mental facility after suicide attempts while being diagnises with bipolor disorder and receiving treatment for such denying him prescribed treatment by dr,and through you in jail for discresionary time because he basically soughtr out his own treatment...

Do I need treatment? [ 1 Answers ]

Iam a male of 23yrs... I am confessing the sin I have done three years back. I am leaving along with my uncle and aunty. I had an fantasy on my aunty.. I I have dreamed of her being naked and all, and I have peeped to her bathroom when she is bathing, and I enjoyed her naked body... But nw I am...

Hep C Treatment [ 1 Answers ]

What is the newest treatment for Hepatitis C?

Is Treatment of STD is possible ! [ 2 Answers ]

Please let me know that , is treatment of STD is possible . What u think it takes how much to recover me from this disease .

View more questions Search